Ryan Zimmerman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ryan Zimmerman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ryan Zimmerman

Postby Old_Style » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:13 pm

From Yahoo:
Jul 14 Mark Zuckerman, of The Washington Times, reports Washington Nationals 3B Ryan Zimmerman (shoulder) may be activated Friday, July 18.

Jul 14 3B Ryan Zimmerman will begin a rehab assignment on Monday with Class A Potomac (Woodbridge, Va.), DHing for two games there before heading to Class AAA Columbus (Ohio). Zimmerman has been out since late May with a small labral tear in his left shoulder, but said it's stronger now than it was before the injury. "I essentially did an offseason workout for a month and a half," he said.

Is anybody else feeling a little optimistic about this guy?
I've had him on the DL since day one and was thinking about dropping him for another bat for this Thursday. Now that I read this news, I feel inclined to stick with him and see how he does.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Zimmerman

Postby River Rat » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:00 am

I had Zimmerman to start the season out but had to drop him. Mark Reynolds was sitting out there and I had to pounce before I lost a chance on a power bat at the hot corner. I am unsure if I am going to take the risk on zimmerman again this season. I would be risking loosing Reynolds to another team and then if Zimmerman goes down again, be stuck with a mediocre Akinori Iwamura, or similar 3B option.

Zimmerman was just starting to hit for average with solid production when he went down on the DL.
River Rat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Ryan Zimmerman

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:44 pm

I picked Zimmerman off of free agency a while back and stashed him on my DL. I'm cautiously optimistic given the good news, but I'm not sure how much he can extend himself as far as power goes, even though the fact he hit two doubles is encouraging. Another thing is that a good swing of the bat could aggravate the tear and cause further separation.

I'm going to stash Zimmerman on the DL for a week or two before making a decision. I'm in no real rush given that Chris Davis is doing just fine as my team's UTIL but depending on Zim's effectiveness as well as the prospect of his season being cut short with nothing else to play for, I'd keep him or give him the boot.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates