What Can I Do to Finish in the Money? WHIR!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What Can I Do to Finish in the Money? WHIR!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What Can I Do to Finish in the Money? WHIR!!!

Postby chargerss24 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:36 pm

After toling around 10th and 11th much of the year in my 12-team, 6x6 keeper league, I made a HUGE jump in the past month and now sit in 7th place, just nine points out of 4th, the final money spot. Here's my stat standings:

BA: 4th (.2779) 1st: (.2865)
HR: 6th (156) 1st: (189)
OBP: 6th (.3441) 1st: (.3586)
RBI 5th (629) 1st: (684)
Runs: 9th (598) 1st: (700)
SB: 8th (90) 1st: (129)

ERA: 8th (3.98) 1st: (3.30)
Holds: 2nd (22) 1st: (24)
K: 7th (655) 1st: (733)
Save: 5th (56) 1st: (63)
Wins: 9th (46) 1st: (54)
WHIP: 6th (1.28) 1st: (1.21)

Here's my team:
C - J. Clement, D. Navarro
1B - D. Lee
2B - R. Cano
SS - H. Ramirez
3B - A. Ramirez
MI - H. Kendrick
CI - E. Longoria
OF - N. Markakis, A. Rios, D. Murphy, J. Francouer, C. Rasmus
U - H. Pence, J. Bruce, E. Hinske
SP - C. Hamels, H. Kuroda, M. Parra, J. Garcia, Z. Greinke, J. Shields, T. Wakefield, G. Gonzalez, D. Price, D. McGowan (DL), C.R. Young (DL)
RP - J. Broxton, B. Ryan, F. Rodriguez, E. Guardado

I'm just nine points out from a money spot. If this were your team, what moves, if any, would you make to gain those nine or more points? As always, WHIR! ;-D
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 125)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What Can I Do to Finish in the Money? WHIR!!!

Postby Rainja » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:14 pm

chargerss24 wrote:After toling around 10th and 11th much of the year in my 12-team, 6x6 keeper league, I made a HUGE jump in the past month and now sit in 7th place, just nine points out of 4th, the final money spot. Here's my stat standings:

BA: 4th (.2779) 1st: (.2865)
HR: 6th (156) 1st: (189)
OBP: 6th (.3441) 1st: (.3586)
RBI 5th (629) 1st: (684)
Runs: 9th (598) 1st: (700)
SB: 8th (90) 1st: (129)

ERA: 8th (3.98) 1st: (3.30)
Holds: 2nd (22) 1st: (24)
K: 7th (655) 1st: (733)
Save: 5th (56) 1st: (63)
Wins: 9th (46) 1st: (54)
WHIP: 6th (1.28) 1st: (1.21)

Here's my team:
C - J. Clement, D. Navarro
1B - D. Lee
2B - R. Cano
SS - H. Ramirez
3B - A. Ramirez
MI - H. Kendrick
CI - E. Longoria
OF - N. Markakis, A. Rios, D. Murphy, J. Francouer, C. Rasmus
U - H. Pence, J. Bruce, E. Hinske
SP - C. Hamels, H. Kuroda, M. Parra, J. Garcia, Z. Greinke, J. Shields, T. Wakefield, G. Gonzalez, D. Price, D. McGowan (DL), C.R. Young (DL)
RP - J. Broxton, B. Ryan, F. Rodriguez, E. Guardado

I'm just nine points out from a money spot. If this were your team, what moves, if any, would you make to gain those nine or more points? As always, WHIR! ;-D

Keeper leagues are really tough to gain ground in because deals can be difficult to make. I would look at trying to move guys like D. Lee, A. Ram, and Rios. Most of these guys are at the end of their prime having decent/great/down years, it's time to offer em up at max value. I would look at shoring up your staff first since thats where you are weakest and have the greatest potential to gain ground. Wins in your league seem to be very tight, as do saves. See what you can get in return for a guy like Rios he should net you a pretty good starter, maybe Sheets or Verlander(in a package with Young maybe). Then I'd try moving D. Lee for Pap, Lidge or another high end saves leader (K-Rod and Ryan don't seem to be getting it done for you). See if a second half flame like LaRoche is available, try to maximize your splits. The simple answer is go for Wins and Saves, because that will also equate to WHIP and Era if you play your cards right. Francouer is a mystery... see what you can get for him but I'm not sold he ever gets back to his previous numbers. Hinske is having a great year but this is as close to stardom as he'll get so dangle him as well maybe. I dunno man, it's a keeper league, winning this year all depends on how much you wanna give up for the next ones, cause you got some nice young studs that aren't living up to status this year but will in years to come (Bruce, Pence, Cano, etc...) If it's a money league, I say go for it cause you're close enough and have enough to give up that you could prolly still be okay in the next few years even if you give up some big name prospects. If it's not or you can't get good value for them then you might not have much of a chance.
Rainja
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What Can I Do to Finish in the Money? WHIR!!!

Postby cnote23 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:53 pm

well first yo need more sp and also have gio gonzalaz and rasmus both of them are not ready any time soon to be called up and you have jeff garcia? why waste that spot try for someone like kyle kendricks, guthrie, maybe rent a dereck lowe , of greg smith is there dump gio pick him up I also do a weekly blog look out for it.
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafecaster
(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team