Refurbished Cell Phones - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Refurbished Cell Phones

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Refurbished Cell Phones

Postby nsulham » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:12 pm

I'm eligible for a wireless upgrade (AT&T) within the next couple months and I've been scoping out some phones. Don't have a lot of dough to work with at the moment and I really want to upgrade to a smartphone so I've been checking out the refurbs.

Anyone have any history or experience with a refurb. phone?
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Refurbished Cell Phones

Postby thedude » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:19 pm

I haven't had any experience with a refurbished smartphone. I have a buddy who got a refurbished tilt. and it is working just as well as my new tilt (which btw i love and highly recommend).
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby seniorpaul » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:26 pm

I bought a refurbished Iphone and it looked brand new. Came with all the accessories (even though i believe the website said it wouldn't) and i've never had any problems with it.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby zepfan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:45 pm

I think the refurbs can be a bit of a crapshoot since you really don't know why it was refurbished. A lot of the time the manufacturer has "repaired" the phone but it still doesn't work properly and then you get stuck with a nightmare that's more trouble than it's worth. On the other hand, some of the phones may be refurbished just because someone didn't like the design and exchanged it for a different one, depending on the store's return policies so you could luck out and get one of those ones. If you can get some kind of gurantee or warranty I would do it. Otherwise, if you're a gambling man, just buy it and pray. :-b If you're spending any significant amount of money though, I would try to get some kind of guarantee on it if possible.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Return to General Talk