ipod touch/iphone apps - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ipod touch/iphone apps

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ipod touch/iphone apps

Postby jfg » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:25 pm

Pandora looks sweet although it's not totally like the online version because you can't skip a song. I hope in the near future there are devices where I don't need to spend 80 bucks a month for a phone so I can use that app. I just want a data plan and an iPhone. I don't need a phone especially at that ridiculous price. Pay as you go FTW.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:44 pm

jfg wrote:Pandora looks sweet although it's not totally like the online version because you can't skip a song. I hope in the near future there are devices where I don't need to spend 80 bucks a month for a phone so I can use that app. I just want a data plan and an iPhone. I don't need a phone especially at that ridiculous price. Pay as you go FTW.

You can skip songs. AOL Radio is awesome as well. Has all the CBS radio stations around the country. Free music FTW.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:46 pm

I just caved and bought Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D. I'm pretty impressed. Controls are pretty easy to pick up and it's not the kind of game that you "beat" so hopefully it will keep me busy for a while (especially since these games are $7-10 a pop %-6 ).
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:51 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I just caved and bought Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D. I'm pretty impressed. Controls are pretty easy to pick up and it's not the kind of game that you "beat" so hopefully it will keep me busy for a while (especially since these games are $7-10 a pop %-6 ).

Ouch... :-D

The only paid app that I'm itching to pull the trigger on is Tetris.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Check out this neat little program. You can play your iTunes music remotely over WiFi or EDGE/3G network. Who needs storage space?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:02 pm

Yep, it's pretty sweet. I'm surprised Apple allowed it on the store since there have been rumors that they've been working on something similar.

Storage space is really unnecessary with an touch or iphone. The only time I play music on my touch hard drive is when I'm in the car.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:09 pm

I can't wait to try it. There is also an app that will allow you to play your library from another computer.

I am always listening to music so this will come in handy. All I need to do now is just carry a few albums for when I'm running.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:01 pm

I haven't tried it either, but the idea is awesome and it seems to be working well for most people after a few glitches yesterday. I'm assuming that you need to have the music on a computer that's running so I'm going to have to transfer all my music on my laptop to an external drive and hook that up to my old desktop.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:14 pm

Free Tetris FTW!!!
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk