Suggestions on improving 4th place team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Suggestions on improving 4th place team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Suggestions on improving 4th place team

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:32 am

So my team in an 11-team rotisserie league is having a decent season. After starting in the cellar thanks to horrid pitching, my hitters brought me into contention, and my pitching is finally starting to come around. I had to give up on saves thanks to Eric Gagne and Manny Corpas (traded Trevor Hoffman), but we count holds, so it isn't a disaster. My pitching rotation has drastically improved after I drafted a lot of busts and steadily built from free agency; Kazmir and Lester are the only two starters that have been on my roster for the entire year. My ERA has been dropping steadily for a while now, so I expect to gain a few more points there, and possibly in WHIP as well.

So what should I do to try and give my team a chance at winning the championship? Is there anyone on my team I should look to trade? I can try to trade one of my home runs producers to improve elsewhere because I have a pretty sizable lead in that category. I haven't done a ton of trades this year because usually when trades are done people get ripped off, and I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the value of players in trades.

11-team rotisserie league, counts R (10), HR (11), RBI (9), SB (5.5), AVG (6.5), OPS (10), W (8), SV (3), K (6), HLD (9), ERA (2), WHIP (1)

Current place: 4th of 11 (81 pts)

C: Jarrod Saltalamacchia
C: Kelly Shoppach
1B: Adrian Gonzalez
2B: Brandon Phillips
3B: Garrett Atkins
SS: Jose Reyes
IF: Jason Giambi
OF: Adam Dunn
OF: Jason Bay
OF: Carlos Quentin
OF: Curtis Granderson
OF: Casey Blake
Util: Alexei Ramirez
Util: Jorge Cantu
Util: Cody Ross

BN: Alex Gordon
DL: Elijah Dukes
DL: Gerald Laird

SP: John Smoltz
SP: Jon Lester
SP: John Danks
RP: Scot Shields
RP: Eddie Guardado
RP: Ron Mahay
P: Gavin Floyd
P: Jonathan Sanchez
P: Mark Buehrle
P: Armando Galarraga

BN: Aaron Cook
BN: Javier Vazquez
BN: Jered Weaver
BN: Hiroki Kuroda
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Suggestions on improving 4th place team

Postby T-fence92 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:37 pm

Your team looks pretty good. You might have some pitching woes, but the only real weak spot is catcher(and that is the least productive spot anyway). Your relievers aren't horrible, you get some holds and I think that Guardado might be the closer very, very soon.

List some of the top FA hitters and pitchers.
T-fence92
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Suggestions on improving 4th place team

Postby cnote23 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:55 pm

you hitting is good but I suggest going to get a SB guy and dump ross some like a fred lewis or maybe a tavares also yo need an era guy dump smoltz and go ot and get Jp howell get's decent wins and good era for a relif guy. also try to find marte see if he is on waivers it's allin my weekly public blog there.
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafecaster
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team