Move Alexei Ramirez up in the order!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Move Alexei Ramirez up in the order!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Move Alexei Ramirez up in the order!!!

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:07 pm

dclark0699 wrote:Is the plan still to move him to SS next year?

I don't think the White Sox should move Ramirez. They just drafted Georgia SS Gordon Beckham with the 8th overall pick in this year's draft. Beckham is one of the most polished players in the draft and should move very quickly in the system. I could envison Beckham being called up sometime early next year. But I'm all for moving Ramirez up to the 2nd spot in the order as i was hoping he'd be sometime this year.

Chicago White Sox
Gordon Beckham, ss, Georgia
B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-0. Wt.: 185. Age: 21.
Scouting Report
After he went undrafted out of high school, Beckham has improved as much as any player during his three years in college. He started from his freshman season at Georgia, and hit 12 home runs his first season to help the Bulldogs in the College World Series and land on BA's Freshman All-American team. His batting average and power numbers have increased each year since. He won the Cape Cod League home run title last summer, and has shown it was no fluke by hitting 22 homes so far this spring. He has been among the Division I leaders in batting, home runs and slugging percentage all season. At the plate, Beckham is a home run threat to all fields. He has powerful forearms and snap in his wrists that lead to his above-average bat speed. After being known as a hacker early in his college career he is now regarded as a professional hitter. He makes good contact and consistently squares up balls and uses the whole field. While no one questions his ability to hit, scouts are split on whether Beckham has the hands to stay at shortstop. He has the instincts and is athletic with enough range and arm strength to stick at the premium position. Baseballamerica.com
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 118)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Move Alexei Ramirez up in the order!!!

Postby J35J » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:18 am

Havok1517 wrote:
dclark0699 wrote:Is the plan still to move him to SS next year?

I don't think the White Sox should move Ramirez. They just drafted Georgia SS Gordon Beckham with the 8th overall pick in this year's draft. Beckham is one of the most polished players in the draft and should move very quickly in the system. I could envison Beckham being called up sometime early next year. But I'm all for moving Ramirez up to the 2nd spot in the order as i was hoping he'd be sometime this year.

Chicago White Sox
Gordon Beckham, ss, Georgia
B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-0. Wt.: 185. Age: 21.
Scouting Report
After he went undrafted out of high school, Beckham has improved as much as any player during his three years in college. He started from his freshman season at Georgia, and hit 12 home runs his first season to help the Bulldogs in the College World Series and land on BA's Freshman All-American team. His batting average and power numbers have increased each year since. He won the Cape Cod League home run title last summer, and has shown it was no fluke by hitting 22 homes so far this spring. He has been among the Division I leaders in batting, home runs and slugging percentage all season. At the plate, Beckham is a home run threat to all fields. He has powerful forearms and snap in his wrists that lead to his above-average bat speed. After being known as a hacker early in his college career he is now regarded as a professional hitter. He makes good contact and consistently squares up balls and uses the whole field. While no one questions his ability to hit, scouts are split on whether Beckham has the hands to stay at shortstop. He has the instincts and is athletic with enough range and arm strength to stick at the premium position. Baseballamerica.com

Early next year? That might be a little too quickly....I'd be suprised if he saw any time before the allstar break and likely just a Sept call up, if that. Not really sure why you would want to rush him any quicker?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers