Veto Young/Reynolds for Hanley? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Veto Young/Reynolds for Hanley?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Veto Young/Reynolds for Hanley?

Postby sox 06 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:11 pm

Michael Young/Mark Reynolds for Hanley Ramirez
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Veto Young/Reynolds for Hanley?

Postby noseeum » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:32 pm

Just call the guy really dumb. Michael Young is on pace for 120 runs and will likely hit over .300 from here on out. So is Hanley, along with more pop and more steals. Hanley's far and away the better player, but Young is no slouch at SS.

I assume the guy getting Reynolds has nothing at 3b?

This is close enough that the guy is probably just being stupid. If this is an anonymous league maybe veto, but if you know the guys, this is one where it's best he learn his lesson: Don't do 2 for 1s unless you really need to.

Unless you suspect them of cheating, I think you're holding hands too much if you veto this one.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby las_vegas_keith » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:16 pm

I don't like the deal and don't think that the team is getting enough in return for Hanley Ramirez, but there are several other questions such as is it a keeper league, what place are the teams in, and are there salaries attached to the players?

Not knowing any of these and just a strait year-to-year league I would say the trade is very, very bad but not up for a veto. I believe that teams generally should be allowed to trade players in deals even if I don't like the deal. Unless its is clearly cheating, let the deal go. If it's a league where you know everyone, chat with the guy offering Hanley and find out why he wanted to do the deal and suggest maybe he could have gotten more. You never know, Michael Young may be the guy's favorite player and he just really wanted him.

Have a good second half.
las_vegas_keith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby T-fence92 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:27 pm

He isn't getting any value in return for Hanley.

VETO IT NOW!!!!! :-C :-C :-C
T-fence92
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmudukes2008 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:30 am

T-fence92 wrote:He isn't getting any value in return for Hanley.

No value in return for Hanley?!?! Really?! Are people this incomptetent or did you just type your reply wrong. The guy giving away Hanley is getting a WAYYYYYY better deal. If you can't see that then you do not belong in the cafe. Please leave. Now.

July 4th, 4:51 pm: Big Pelf is going to be an all out star...Pick him up before someone else does.
jmudukes2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:55 am

jmudukes2008 wrote:

No value in return for Hanley?!?! Really?! Are people this incomptetent or did you just type your reply wrong. The guy giving away Hanley is getting a WAYYYYYY better deal. If you can't see that then you do not belong in the cafe. Please leave. Now.

I wouldnt say hes getting the better deal (at all) but in a deeper league the difference between Reynolds and the guy he is replacing might be as much as the difference between Young (Who IS an all star in his own right) and Hanley.

Hanley .310/23/23/45/80
Young .301/7/6/52/63

I think the difference is small enough if the guy getting Reynolds is replacing someone like Figgins at 3B (or if there are keeper ramifications).
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby T-fence92 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:47 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:
jmudukes2008 wrote:

No value in return for Hanley?!?! Really?! Are people this incompetent or did you just type your reply wrong. The guy giving away Hanley is getting a WAYYYYYY better deal. If you can't see that then you do not belong in the cafe. Please leave. Now.

I wouldn't say hes getting the better deal (at all) but in a deeper league the difference between Reynolds and the guy he is replacing might be as much as the difference between Young (Who IS an all star in his own right) and Hanley.

Hanley .310/23/23/45/80
Young .301/7/6/52/63

I think the difference is small enough if the guy getting Reynolds is replacing someone like Figgins at 3B (or if there are keeper ramifications).

Thanks you! I though that it was a keeper league. Which if it was the deal was totally one-sided. If not, the deal is kinda one-sided. True there numbers are close, but Hanley had great numbers last year and he didn't get any worse in the off season. Young struggled at the beginning of this year and has been on a tear lately, he can't keep it up. Reynolds just sucks. The guy getting Hanley is happy to dump Reynolds.
T-fence92
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:02 am

jmudukes2008 wrote:

every fantasy player on the planet would take the team getting hanley and it's not close. If you think the person getting young and reynolds wins this deal, you are the one who shouldn't be helping others judge their trades.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)

Postby T-fence92 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:14 pm

And shouldn't allowed to post any more messages. :-t
T-fence92
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmudukes2008 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:20 am

DVauthrin wrote:
jmudukes2008 wrote:

every fantasy player on the planet would take the team getting hanley and it's not close. If you think the person getting young and reynolds wins this deal, you are the one who shouldn't be helping others judge their trades.

Explain to me how this "[is] not close." As the poster after me said, Young is on pace for over 100 runs, and would have started the all-star game if the fans of that other team in my home state didn't pour in votes for Jeter. Although he's hitting only .250, Reynolds has a substantial amount of pop in his bat, and will end the year with over 30 homeruns. The original poster didn't state that this was a keeper league...if it is then I agree that this trade is ridiculous...but if it's not, which I assume it's not because he would have mentioned it, then this trade makes quite a bit of sense to me. Of course you'd have to know if the other team needs a third basemen...which if that's the case, then I would make this trade. For me to say, "leave the cafe" was a little rough, albeit for someone to write "VETO THE TRADE" without much substance backing that declaration then I think it deservadely had a right to be addressed. Even though I was joking, I apologize for writing that, but don't call me a "retard" unless you've found serious flaws in my logic...as I've yet to see yours.

July 4th, 4:51 pm: Big Pelf is going to be an all out star...Pick him up before someone else does.
jmudukes2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Return to Commissioner's Corner