Thoughts on Volstad.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thoughts on Volstad....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Thoughts on Volstad....

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:49 pm

godallahstar wrote:so no one else thinks he's a very solid prospect with #2 potential?

I do. Plenty of 21 yo pick up extra MPH during their development. I think he can be very good especially in that park.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:42 pm

godallahstar wrote:so no one else thinks he's a very solid prospect with #2 potential?

I actually think that's exactly what he is.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)

Postby stumpak » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:01 am

Yoda wrote:

I do. Plenty of 21 yo pick up extra MPH during their development. I think he can be very good especially in that park.

Yoda, can you explain your rationale? I have a tough seeing a guy with a sub-6.00 K/9 becoming a fantasy #2 SP. Are you projecting that he will gain velocity and increase Ks even though he is supposedly a ground ball pitcher? Just trying to understand what your thinking is.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:00 pm

stumpak wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Yoda, can you explain your rationale? I have a tough seeing a guy with a sub-6.00 K/9 becoming a fantasy #2 SP. Are you projecting that he will gain velocity and increase Ks even though he is supposedly a ground ball pitcher? Just trying to understand what your thinking is.

Well, we are not talking fantasy #2 are we? I was thinking more in real life #2.

Sickles gave him a B to B+ grade on this guy over the years. Combining that with his track record, age and growth, I think a decent #2 ceiling is not that far out of reach. You also have to remember that ceiling/potential is the best case scenario.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers