Chris Davis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chris Davis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chris Davis

Postby felixthecat011 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:20 am

I'm debating whether or not to drop him... I'd hate to cut bait prematurely, but he obviously won't help my (non-keeper) team if he's in the minors...

Does seem like a questionable move to send him down, but what can you do...
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knuckler » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:40 pm

i have him in an AL-keeper league so i'll just reserve him if blalock steals his AB's.

i think if he gets sent down not many people will immediately pick him up so just stay up to date and get ready to pick him back up (if they send him down) bring him back up.

i doubt you could get much for him in a non-keeper league...
knuckler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby scr » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:00 pm

I don't get why the Rangers would send down Davis who plays first base and is starting when Blaylock returns...Blaylock plays third base! Any insight into this?
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:05 pm

scr wrote:I don't get why the Rangers would send down Davis who plays first base and is starting when Blaylock returns...Blaylock plays third base! Any insight into this?

Hank asked Washington to move over to 1B prior to his recent injury. He thought that the move might help him stay healthy. Right now it seems like Davis is out of a job for the time being but I wouldn't be surprised if they try him out at 3B or OF. He can DH also.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby yanks924 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:49 pm

Chris Davis>>>Hank Blalock

What more does Davis have to do in the minors? nothing. No reason to send him down send down hurley or one of the pitchers at least keep the kid up in the majors to give guys days off + a little bit more.
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmudukes2008 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:26 am

I know the Rangers are 6 out of the wildcard...but they're the rangers...they're not gonna get passed the al east contenders. They should keep the kid up, move Bradley, get some young arms, and think about 2010 when they might be legite.

July 4th, 4:51 pm: Big Pelf is going to be an all out star...Pick him up before someone else does.
jmudukes2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby Bwanna » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:30 am

Yoda wrote:
scr wrote:I don't get why the Rangers would send down Davis who plays first base and is starting when Blaylock returns...Blaylock plays third base! Any insight into this?

Hank asked Washington to move over to 1B prior to his recent injury. He thought that the move might help him stay healthy. Right now it seems like Davis is out of a job for the time being but I wouldn't be surprised if they try him out at 3B or OF. He can DH also.

Isn't there a chance that Hank is feeling much better now, and that he could potentially play 3B? ...opening up first for Davis?
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby felixthecat011 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Bwanna wrote:Isn't there a chance that Hank is feeling much better now, and that he could potentially play 3B? ...opening up first for Davis?

I'm hoping they realize Davis > Ramon Vasquez (even if he has been hitting well this year).
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Bwanna wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Isn't there a chance that Hank is feeling much better now, and that he could potentially play 3B? ...opening up first for Davis?

You would think so since it will make the team better but I'm not so sure if Hank will step aside for Davis especially since he specifically asked Washington to move him to 1B in order to stay healthy (which obviously didn't help). Hopefully Hank will be unselfish but he hasn't really said anything yet so I'm assuming that he wants to man 1B.

BTW, Blalock does not suck. He's just very prone to injuries and I'm sure they have affected his skills over time but he can still be a very productive player.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby zhutou » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:31 pm

lol all you chris davis owners are just better off picking up blalock.
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates