Chris Davis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chris Davis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chris Davis

Postby JRAMI » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:06 pm

This guy is a friggin stud, 3 HR's this week. Fellas pick him up before he starts getting too much attn. Hes a steal right now baby!!!

J Posada-----------A.J. Burnett
(NYY - C)------------(Tor - SP)
Chris Davis ---------Hiroki Kuroda
(Tex - 1B)-----------(LAD - SP)
C Figgins----------Félix Hernández
(LAA - 2B,3B,OF))--(Sea - SP)
G Atkins--------------J Santana
(Col -1B,3B)------------(NYM-SP)
Hanley Ramírez-------Jonathan Papelbon
(Fla - SS)-------------(Bos - RP)
Álex Ríos------------Joe Saunders
(Tor - OF)----------- (LAA - SP)
Adam Dunn----------Scott Kazmir
(Cin - OF)------------(TB - SP)
M Kemp------------M Ramirez
(LAD-OF)--------------(Bos-OF)
M Garza-------------V Martinez
(SP-TB)-------------(Cle-1B,C)

10 team points league

R (1), 1B (1), 2B (2), 3B (3), HR (4), RBI (1), SB (3), CS (-3), BB (2), IBB (-1), E (-1), CYC (10), IP (2), W (5), L (-3), CG (5), SHO (10), SV (5), ER (-1), BB (-1), K (1), RW (-2), RL (1), NH (20), PG (30), BSV (-2)
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chris Davis

Postby benjapage » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:29 pm

from rotoworld, baby.

Hank Blalock (wrist) is scheduled to begin a rehab assignment on Monday, and could return to the Rangers immediately after the All-Star break.
Manager Ron Washington says that he doesn't plan on having Blalock head back to third, but would prefer to have him in the lineup over Chris Davis at first. The Rangers haven't decided whether to send Davis down, but he appears set to see a significant reduction in playing time.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby JRAMI » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:13 pm

this would be a crime to send the kid down when he is doing what he is right now. A Crime I say
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby YardBirds » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:39 pm

No one ever confused Ron Washington with a baseball mind... oh wait... nevermind...

stupid stupid to send this kid down.

Texas should definitely try and move Bradley... so they can DH this kid, he's an amazing power hitter.
"I never used a corked bat...And if I took it to court I'd win that case." --Albert "Joey" Belle
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby deutschland » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:02 am

flavor of the week. big whoop. as soon as teams start scouting his weaknesses he'll pull a major slump and be forgotten (for this year at least)
deutschland
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DSheppard » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:45 am

deutschland wrote:flavor of the week. big whoop. as soon as teams start scouting his weaknesses he'll pull a major slump and be forgotten (for this year at least)

Time to pull out my chris davis factbook and continue my campaign for all things rangers.

1) Led minor leaguers under 27 (aka prospects) in HRs and RBI last year with 36 hr and 118 rbi
2) Led minor leaguers under 27 (aka prospects) in HRs and RBI this year before being called up.
3) Combine his major league and minor league stats this year and he has 29 homeruns and 83 rbi.
4) Now 17 games into his major league career his .ops stands at .983
5) He is a lefty power hitter who plays half his games in arlington.
6) After the first week with a ton of homeruns he went 2 for 22 the next week. Dead? Woops, 7 for his next 17 with 4 extra base hits + 2 walks.

Like every player in the mlb he may slump and like many rookies he may have to make an adjustment after pitchers do so to him, but I think his accomplishments over the last 2 years make him a little more than some random ok prospect that hits 3 HRs in a week.

The big concern about Davis in fantasy should be if the rangers are going to send him down in a week when hank blalock (potentially) returns, not that he is a fluke.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Montana168 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:50 am

very good points and nice research^^. but your dead on...the thing i worry most about davis is that he playing time will get docked or he will get sent back down. he had another impressive day going 2-3 with 3 runs yesterday. so far all reports say that blalock will miss the first series return after the break but then should be back barring anymore setbacks. to me this kid has more than proven himself mlb ready. he conitinues to improve everyday and would seem like a waste in the minors at this point. i find it hard to believe that the rangers would rather have ramon vasquez and hank blalock starting over this kid who is part of their future with kinsler and hamilton. i just can't see it happening especially with the way he is raking.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bologna_sandwich » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:09 am

DSheppard wrote:
deutschland wrote:flavor of the week. big whoop. as soon as teams start scouting his weaknesses he'll pull a major slump and be forgotten (for this year at least)

Time to pull out my chris davis factbook and continue my campaign for all things rangers.

1) Led minor leaguers under 27 (aka prospects) in HRs and RBI last year with 36 hr and 118 rbi
2) Led minor leaguers under 27 (aka prospects) in HRs and RBI this year before being called up.
3) Combine his major league and minor league stats this year and he has 29 homeruns and 83 rbi.
6) After the first week with a ton of homeruns he went 2 for 22 the next week. Dead? Woops, 7 for his next 17 with 4 extra base hits + 2 walks.

Like every player in the mlb he may slump and like many rookies he may have to make an adjustment after pitchers do so to him, but I think his accomplishments over the last 2 years make him a little more than some random ok prospect that hits 3 HRs in a week.

The big concern about Davis in fantasy should be if the rangers are going to send him down in a week when hank blalock (potentially) returns, not that he is a fluke.

Served!
bologna_sandwich
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:17 am

DSheppard wrote:

He could be a flavor of the week but based on what I've seen, he looks exactly as advertised: big power to all fields, lots of swings and misses. Pitchers will adjust for sure but then it is up to Davis to adjust to them at that point. Based on his track record, it doesn't seem like he has trouble adjusting when promoted so we'll see. I couldn't expect for more from a waiver pick up but that might just be me.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bluebledthesea » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:36 am

Man, if they send him down it would really be too bad. I managed to work him into my lineup and he's been just enough of a spark to help me start climbing up in batting categories in my roto league when I've been stuck in the same rut all year long. I'd love to keep him in all season because I really think he's got the stuff.
bluebledthesea Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates