GIMP Blending Tutorial - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

GIMP Blending Tutorial

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

GIMP Blending Tutorial

Postby ChewbaccaDefense » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:44 pm

I am new to the graphics game. I used to work with Corel Paint, but have recently switched to GIMP. Can someone teach me how to blend properly. It is my weakest area and any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!
ChewbaccaDefense
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: GIMP Blending Tutorial

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:47 pm

what exactly are you looking to blend?

the easiest thing to do is to use opacity and fill levels and put them where you like, but its not as simple as it seems. by adding stock photos on top of the layer that you want blended, makes the blended pic blend into the bg better. if you'd like, pick a sig from my page (linked in my sig) and ill explain how i blended anything in there. ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby abrage22 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:02 pm

yeah i was told in a sig over at the football cafe to make things blend more. theres not a tool or anything that u can use to "blend". so i guess i need help with it too, idk. i think its just making things the right color and stuff, and opacity like snakes said
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:33 pm

abrage22 wrote:yeah i was told in a sig over at the football cafe to make things blend more. theres not a tool or anything that u can use to "blend". so i guess i need help with it too, idk. i think its just making things the right color and stuff, and opacity like snakes said

when i first started i used opacity but i tend to use the fill more often now.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Contests and Showing Off