Mariano Rivera to START All-Star Game? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mariano Rivera to START All-Star Game?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mariano Rivera to START All-Star Game?

Postby DaShiz23 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:07 pm

I am going to start a drinking game for the All-Star Game. Everytime they mention this being the last year of Yankee Stadium, or anything about it, I'm going to slam a beer or shot. Wish me luck! ;-D
Oh, BTW, do not start Rivera. He wasn't selected as a starter, so he should not be one. You going to play Soto at 1B? Didn't think so.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 66)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:34 pm

Don't give the Post any ideas. Next thing you know, there will be a campaign for a, "unique" starting roster for the ASG where all of the AL starters are Yankees because, in case you hadn't heard, this is the last year of Yankee Stadium.

Incidentally, I'm positive that the Post gives all their potential writers an IQ test. If they score over 85, they don't get the job.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:44 pm

Matthias wrote:Don't give the Post any ideas. Next thing you know, there will be a campaign for a, "unique" starting roster for the ASG where all of the AL starters are Yankees because, in case you hadn't heard, this is the last year of Yankee Stadium.

Incidentally, I'm positive that the Post gives all their potential writers an IQ test. If they score over 85, they don't get the job.

:-b They might lead with that story tomorrow about the "unique" roster. How is that franchise still publishing this type of garbage?
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 57)

Postby NWSoxaholic » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:05 am

DaShiz23 wrote:I am going to start a drinking game for the All-Star Game. Everytime they mention this being the last year of Yankee Stadium, or anything about it, I'm going to slam a beer or shot. Wish me luck! ;-D
Oh, BTW, do not start Rivera. He wasn't selected as a starter, so he should not be one. You going to play Soto at 1B? Didn't think so.

We'll have the paramedics standing by to pump your stomach.

As much as I enjoy baseball nostalgia, the ASG is going to be brutal to watch because of this.
NWSoxaholic
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:16 am

DaShiz23 wrote:I am going to start a drinking game for the All-Star Game. Everytime they mention this being the last year of Yankee Stadium, or anything about it, I'm going to slam a beer or shot. Wish me luck! ;-D

I hope you have already arranged to take Wednesday off. 50+ shots would be quite the hangover. :*)

If you're on a school break and not working, let us know how many you have to slam. ;-D
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby osu99 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:20 am

Grounded Polo wrote:

I hope you have already arranged to take Wednesday off. 50+ shots would be quite the hangover. :*)

If you're on a school break and not working, let us know how many you have to slam. ;-D

50+ is a little light on the over/under don't you think? I'd say more like a hundy..

Back to the issue at hand. While the idea of Mariano starting the game is certainly unique and would be neat to see I think there would be nothing better than him coming out in the 9th, regardless of the score and closing things out.
osu99 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby DaShiz23 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:43 pm

I'm sticking to beer. I prolly have a double shot glass next to me at the lazy-boy and fill er up and kill it. Other than hoping the N.L. wins, it will be the easiest way to enjoy it.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 66)

Postby Matthias » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:11 pm

Cliff Lee has been named the starter.

So now the Post can move on to other ridiculous stories to hype.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers