Teixera - Dreaming Of A Trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixera - Dreaming Of A Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Teixera - Dreaming Of A Trade

Postby ldmariodl28 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:56 am

So how many of you Tex owners cant wait for him to hopefully be traded from the Braves. I would be shocked if he is not traded since the Braves have no chance of signing him. Yahoo posted something a couple of days ago that the Redsox were intrested in him. With the type of 2nd half #'s he puts up, I think he would have a field day with that team. It could be like having a whole new season for Tex this year. This road/home split this year with the braves is killer, and Tex has fallen into the trap.

What do you think?
ldmariodl28
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Teixera - Dreaming Of A Trade

Postby BigTex24 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:08 am

Where would the Sox use him?
BigTex24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:22 am

i havent heard anything about a trade, but i dont know what exactly it would do for teixeira? hes been exactly what ive anticipated.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:23 am

I don't really even see a "fit" for Tex at this point. Not that he couldn't help a team; he could help almost any team in the league. But there are only two contenders I see with a serious hole at 1B: Florida and Oakland. However, both of these teams are notorious for not wanting to buy players, especially rentals, making me believe that the BRaves will have a difficult time selling Tex if they want to...
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:33 am

Perhaps the Giants...? :-D

- Monkey
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby YardBirds » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:29 am

Don't sleep on Baltimore... Millar ain't getting any younger and Teixiera would bring an awful big bat into the powerless line up for the most part. Be a nice 4 hole hitter behind Markakis.
"I never used a corked bat...And if I took it to court I'd win that case." --Albert "Joey" Belle
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:45 am

YardBirds wrote:Don't sleep on Baltimore... Millar ain't getting any younger and Teixiera would bring an awful big bat into the powerless line up for the most part. Be a nice 4 hole hitter behind Markakis.

God I hope not. While the run at .500 has been nice the Orioles are NOT a playoff team this year, and trading away quality prospects for a rental would be idiotic. The recent losing streak is the best thing for this team, as hopefully they will sell off every piece with any value who isnt in the long term plans. Millar, Huff, Walker/Bradford/Sherrill, Payton, Ramon should all be headed out of town, and maybe MM and Roberts if the price is right. They've got some very nice young talent in the farm system (finally) but not enough to start traded them off for quick fixes.

Arrietta, Tillman and Weiters are all probably going to be up by the ASB next year, and guys like Spoone and Reimold could be up in September this year.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:14 am

Teixeira's name comes up on Boston talk radio a lot, since he'd be a nice replacement for Ortiz in the lineup now (if Ortiz is unable to return to full health) and could replace Manny in the lineup in 2009 if they don't pick up his options, since the Sox could afford to sign him long term... but there's no spot for him. Lowell is not going anywhere, nor is Youkilis. I suppose Youkilis could be a part of the trade, but I don't know why the Sox would do that - you don't remove key lineup pieces to add others. They could also play a big game where Youkilis, Teixeira and Manny split between LF, 1B, and DH - but that seems stupid too. Not going to happen.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 19)

Postby stumpak » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:21 am

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:
YardBirds wrote:Don't sleep on Baltimore... Millar ain't getting any younger and Teixiera would bring an awful big bat into the powerless line up for the most part. Be a nice 4 hole hitter behind Markakis.

God I hope not. While the run at .500 has been nice the Orioles are NOT a playoff team this year, and trading away quality prospects for a rental would be idiotic. The recent losing streak is the best thing for this team, as hopefully they will sell off every piece with any value who isnt in the long term plans. Millar, Huff, Walker/Bradford/Sherrill, Payton, Ramon should all be headed out of town, and maybe MM and Roberts if the price is right. They've got some very nice young talent in the farm system (finally) but not enough to start traded them off for quick fixes.

Arrietta, Tillman and Weiters are all probably going to be up by the ASB next year, and guys like Spoone and Reimold could be up in September this year.

I am not endorsing this as something the O's should do, but I would imagine their rationale would be that Tex is a native Marylander and that he might stay long-term. Of course in this instance, they should just sign him over the off-season and save themselves wastign the prospects. I do not think that 3 months playing for the O's is really going to persuade Tex to give them a hometown discountconsidering that Boras is involved.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby YardBirds » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:48 am

When I said "Don't sleep on the O's" I was referring to picking up Teixiera as a FA in the offseason. If we could get some him for relatively cheap from ATL then I'd pull the trigger. That said... if the asking price is too much, then we'd likely just try and sign him as a free agent. He said last year he wanted to play here, so I think he'd agree to come to Baltimore.. all be it on a sick contract.
"I never used a corked bat...And if I took it to court I'd win that case." --Albert "Joey" Belle
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers