MLB.tv "free trial" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB.tv "free trial"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MLB.tv "free trial"

Postby rowe33 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:37 pm

Did anyone else fall for the "free trial" MLB.tv was offering? I signed up on 6/29, cancelled my account per their instructions by sending an email on 7/2 (before my 5 "free" days were up), and yet was still charged full price on 7/9. I've sent numerous emails to their customer service address and yet they keep responding with the same BS each time. They say my account's been cancelled, everything's take care of, etc, and yet they won't issue a refund. This is utterly ridiculous...
rowe33
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MLB.tv "free trial"

Postby DSheppard » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:50 pm

no, but that brings up bad memories.

when i first moved into a house back in like 99 we used one of those free aol discs while we were waiting to get dsl hooked up. We cancelled it and never used it again after dsl was in a week later.

4 months later they start calling us about hundreds of dollars they want us to pay. Never did...
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rib217 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:54 pm

I'm in the process of fighting them on a different scam they pulled on me.

not long ago they advertised buy with your mastercard and your second month free!
Well guess what........my second month has arrived and there sure was nothing free about a $19.95 charge on my mastercard from mlb.tv

I better be getting a refund!!!
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:59 pm

And this is why you never trust a for-profit business to give you "free" stuff... ever. :-B

- Monkey
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:25 pm

rowe33 wrote:Did anyone else fall for the "free trial" MLB.tv was offering? I signed up on 6/29, cancelled my account per their instructions by sending an email on 7/2 (before my 5 "free" days were up), and yet was still charged full price on 7/9. I've sent numerous emails to their customer service address and yet they keep responding with the same BS each time. They say my account's been cancelled, everything's take care of, etc, and yet they won't issue a refund. This is utterly ridiculous...

im assuming you paid with a credit card? contact your credit card company and tell them the issue. they should fight it for you.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BigTex24 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:23 pm

I was going to sign up until I realized they wanted your CC number, then I knew it would just be a pain to cancel.
BigTex24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:04 pm

BigTex24 wrote:I was going to sign up until I realized they wanted your CC number, then I knew it would just be a pain to cancel.

Pretty much why I never order any free trials that want your credit card number. If you give them that, good luck avoiding a bill, even if it's just for one month. I remember getting lured into some free SI magazine subscriptions years ago, think I put it on my debit card, ended up getting charged for a month before having them stop.

Those free trials if you gotta provide a credit card are always such massive scams.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:34 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
BigTex24 wrote:I was going to sign up until I realized they wanted your CC number, then I knew it would just be a pain to cancel.

Pretty much why I never order any free trials that want your credit card number. If you give them that, good luck avoiding a bill, even if it's just for one month. I remember getting lured into some free SI magazine subscriptions years ago, think I put it on my debit card, ended up getting charged for a month before having them stop.

Those free trials if you gotta provide a credit card are always such massive scams.

Exactly, you wouldn't think MLB would need to pull that kind of crap, but it happens.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rowe33 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:42 am

I probably would have kept it for a month or so but mlb.tv is still working about as well as it did a couple of years ago for me. Which is to say, barely at all. Both IE and Firefox didn't seem to like the interface at all. The best part of this is that I spent 45 minutes going back and forth between different customer service reps with Bank of America trying to dispute the mlb.tv charge because I used my BoA check card for the trial. I'll keep at it...
rowe33
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rowe33 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Two weeks later...valued subscriber my rear...this is insane. Time to just waste more phone time charging it back and let them deal with extra fees I guess.

07/25/08
Dear Valued Subscriber:
Your request for a refund in connection with your 2008 MLB.TV Premium Monthly Subscription subscription has been denied in accordance with the terms of your purchase. Should you wish to discuss your subscription further, please contact Customer Support toll-free at 1-866-800-1275.

Sincerely,
MLB.com
rowe33
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers