OMG Jamie Lynn Spears' Baby - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

OMG Jamie Lynn Spears' Baby

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: OMG Jamie Lynn Spears' Baby

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:14 pm

curious_george_43545 wrote:It saddens me this is news, because shes done really nothing in society other than have a drug addicted lunatic for a sister and get knocked up. Also, feel bad for her kid. :-/

actually, she has her own show

to say there are no good teenage parents is way too extreme. you dont need money to be a good parent in the least. as long as your child has what it needs in terms of shelter, food, etc... and the love, attention, and discipline, it doesnt need parents who drive bmw's and lexus's.

i see what you're saying and it is a terrible problem in our society, but to say there is none is way too far for me.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Polar Bear » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:29 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:It saddens me this is news, because shes done really nothing in society other than have a drug addicted lunatic for a sister and get knocked up. Also, feel bad for her kid. :-/

to say there are no good teenage parents is way too extreme. you dont need money to be a good parent in the least. as long as your child has what it needs in terms of shelter, food, etc... and the love, attention, and discipline, it doesnt need parents who drive bmw's and lexus's.

i see what you're saying and it is a terrible problem in our society, but to say there is none is way too far for me.

I didn't. My quote was changed.

Not sure if you were talking to me, but I wanted to be clear on that.
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:42 pm

Polar Bear wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

I didn't. My quote was changed.

Not sure if you were talking to me, but I wanted to be clear on that.

i was talking to dclark.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dclark0699 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:46 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:

It was directed at me, Polar Bear :-) .

I wasn't saying that you need to be rich to raise kids, I know a lot of rich kids who turned out very poorly - and I know many who came from poor families and turned out great. I'm saying a teenage girl, in high school working the drive-thru at Burger King cannot afford to feed and diaper her baby.

Loving, Caring person or not - a person is not capable of being a parent as a teenager - and it will be their children who suffer.

I think it is a problem that is only going to get worse, yes I know it has gone down in the past, but kids are being introduced to sex earlier and earlier to the point we are seeing, irregularly but I don't think that matters, girls being pregnant in MIDDLE school.

I'm young, so I can't say as though I experienced it, but I imagine society these days is more driven by sexuality than ever before, and the media only glamorizes it, making the problem even worse.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:42 pm

dclark0699 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

It was directed at me, Polar Bear :-) .

I wasn't saying that you need to be rich to raise kids, I know a lot of rich kids who turned out very poorly - and I know many who came from poor families and turned out great. I'm saying a teenage girl, in high school working the drive-thru at Burger King cannot afford to feed and diaper her baby.

Loving, Caring person or not - a person is not capable of being a parent as a teenager - and it will be their children who suffer.

I think it is a problem that is only going to get worse, yes I know it has gone down in the past, but kids are being introduced to sex earlier and earlier to the point we are seeing, irregularly but I don't think that matters, girls being pregnant in MIDDLE school.

I'm young, so I can't say as though I experienced it, but I imagine society these days is more driven by sexuality than ever before, and the media only glamorizes it, making the problem even worse.

i 100 % see your point but to say a teenager, no matter the circumstances, cannot raise a child appropriately is wrong. it seems that you're basing the fact that said mother must work a minimum wage job where she'll be away from the child for long periods of time. generally, the family will help, and you arent even mentioning the father. granted, in a lot of these situations, the father is invisible.

jamie lynn will seemingly have all the money she needs to raise this child, and probably doesnt even need to work again for the next 18 years. does that mean she'll be a fit parent? no of course not, but it gives her just as much chances as a typical 25 year old in my opinion.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:39 pm

dclark0699 wrote:Teenage pregnancy is the biggest problem in the United States and directly causes many of our other serious problems. Even if the parents "step up to the plate" they still are not going to be in position monetarily and in terms of maturity to take care of a child. A lot of the success done by teenage parents is the result of the grandparents.

It isn't even on the first page of biggest problems in the United States.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
dclark0699 wrote:Teenage pregnancy is the biggest problem in the United States and directly causes many of our other serious problems. Even if the parents "step up to the plate" they still are not going to be in position monetarily and in terms of maturity to take care of a child. A lot of the success done by teenage parents is the result of the grandparents.

Agreed.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:43 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

well i think he was implying to the downfall of the american family/parent situation, which could be argued as close to the top.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:27 am

They need to start handing out birth control pills in schools. :-b
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:25 pm

curious_george_43545 wrote:They need to start handing out birth control pills in schools. :-b

That doesn't help if the kids make a pact to get pregnant.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to General Talk