McGowan? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

McGowan?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: McGowan?

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:49 pm

King Tim wrote:Marcum & McGowan on the DL...........so how much longer until Burnett joins em?

Nah, this year I think AJ has figured out he can do more harm to the team by pitching than by going on the DL.
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philliebuster » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:48 pm

Perhaps it was the monster increase in innings from 06 to 07 that did him in...well that is the reason I didn't draft him anyway.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kab21 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:38 pm

Philliebuster wrote:Perhaps it was the monster increase in innings from 06 to 07 that did him in...well that is the reason I didn't draft him anyway.

I would be interested in how valid the innings increase rule is when a pitcher converts from a RP to a SP. This would theoretically doom anyone that went from a RP to a SP in one season. It turns out that you're right, but I'm just not sure it's a valid application of the inning increase leads to arm problems rule.

He did have previous arm injuries that the Toronto fans might have more info on (I've forgotten what it was specifically). And might possibly be related.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Postby alex42083 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:06 am

What is the recommendation here with McGowan? I've read stashing him, or he's done for the season. If the shoulder is torn, I'd imagine they wouldn't want him to CONTINUE pitching on it..

Would you guys just cut him loose and not bother with the situation?
alex42083
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:54 am

I'd say stash him if you have room, just in case he comes back but if you don't have DL or bench space, then just drop him and call it a day.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Another Blown Save » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:25 pm

Bad News

Rotoworld wrote:Dustin McGowan will have season-ending surgery Thursday to repair fraying of the labrum in his shoulder.
The news just gets worse and worse. The Jays only recently revealed that McGowan was diagnosed with a partially torn rotator cuff at the end of last year. He'll also have that looked at during the surgery. Depending on what turns up, he may or may not be ready for spring training. Regardless, he certainly won't be the same kind of sleeper he was coming into this year, when his shoulder problems remained hidden.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates