Manny? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Manny?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Manny?

Postby yossarian » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:54 pm

Manny has respectable stats so far to this point in the season. My concern is his recent struggles. Over the last month he's hit .220 with only 2 HR and 7 RBIs. I've never owned him before so I don't know if he routinely has troughs that last this long. Should I be worried about him? Was his first half his best half and should I be trying to move him or will the ASB and some rest for his legs do him some good and he'll come back as strong in the beginning of the 2d half as he started the season. Thanks in advance.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Manny?

Postby Chicago RedSox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:29 pm

He has had it rough lately. I think the leg injury had something to do with it. I got a few low ball offers for him over the last week. Tejada was one, Gary Matthews was another.
He's been swing the bat well lately though, some of the "experts" seem to think he's about to get hot again. See below:

From Yahoo:
Jul 8 OF Manny Ramirez has looked on the verge of a hitting tear over the last two games, and he smacked his second home run in his last 24 games when he launched a game-tying two-run blast in Tuesday night's win. As is always the case when the cleanup slugger is getting back on track, Ramirez is taking a noticeable number of pitches at the plate and is hitting the ball with authority to right field.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby yossarian » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:32 pm

Yeah. He definitely seems to be hitting the ball MUCH better his last 3 games, including today (3/5). I'm thinking (hoping) he's about to go on another tear. I think the ASB will do him some good as well. More rest for his leg.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tah161 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:16 pm

I think he is going to have a monster second half. I think right now he is a little banged up but he will get a couple days off for the All Star break and he should be good to go in the second half. I think not having Papi in the line-up is also effecting him, but he should be back in a couple more weeks.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates