Teixeira trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Teixeira trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Teixeira trade

Postby GrubNasty » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:57 am

I cant imagine Teixeira has much of a say with boras as his agent.
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Matthias » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:32 am

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:Ahh, but Matthias knows what the heck he is talking about.

Fixed. I know so much because I have special access to secret comments that you don't.

Apparently any trade for Tex would have to include an MLB-ready 1B because Atlanta doesn't have anyone able to replace him.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tah161 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:32 pm

Danimal wrote:Detroit needs Bonds like Iran needs more missles.
Detroit doesn't need Bonds or Tex. They need an attitude adjustment.

No, that would be the Mets.

I wonder if Reyes is done throwing his temper tantrum yet?
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TomBrooklyn » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:18 pm

Matthias wrote:Have you seen Tex? I really doubt he'd play the OF.

Why? Because he's kind of husky?
TomBrooklyn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Matthias » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:06 pm

TomBrooklyn wrote:

Yah. I guess it's possible (someone else corrected me that he did play the OF in Texas) but he just doesn't look like he could motor around the grass. He is 6'3" and 220lbs.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Relentless » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:35 pm

Matthias wrote:
TomBrooklyn wrote:

Yah. I guess it's possible (someone else corrected me that he did play the OF in Texas) but he just doesn't look like he could motor around the grass. He is 6'3" and 220lbs.

What about the Josh Hamilton's, Carlos Quentin's, or the Vlad's of the world? They're actually around the same size as Teix and they seem just fine in the OF. Even Adam Dunn...

Teix entered the league as a 3rd baseman and has the talent of a 3rd baseman. So, I don't think their is a question of a doubt that he can play the outfield if he was EVER asked to again. I mean he has already done it in early years, correct? But you're right, I just can't picture him playing anything else these days but 1st base, since he has also won a gold-glove in that position.
Relentless
College Coach
College Coach

Postby moozzy77 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:23 pm

Lets not forget fellas that the hampton contract is done at the end of this season and possibly smoltz and or glavines. Alsooo, lets not forget that Tex played his college baseball in georgia so he ties there as well as his wifes family. Tex really likes playing for atlanta right now, so I think all they have to do is give him quality money and he will stay.
moozzy77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby YardBirds » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:37 pm

moozzy77 wrote:Lets not forget fellas that the hampton contract is done at the end of this season and possibly smoltz and or glavines. Alsooo, lets not forget that Tex played his college baseball in georgia so he ties there as well as his wifes family. Tex really likes playing for atlanta right now, so I think all they have to do is give him quality money and he will stay.

If he makes it to the off season without an extension you need to start worrying about Baltimore.
"I never used a corked bat...And if I took it to court I'd win that case." --Albert "Joey" Belle
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby converge241 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:02 pm

Several readers have written in regarding a rumor from ESPN's Peter Gammons during last night's broadcast. Reportedly Gammons said the Braves offered Mark Teixeira to the Red Sox for Kevin Youkilis and Craig Hansen, but the Sox declined.

Given Youk's superior numbers and team control through 2010, hanging on to him makes sense. But it is interesting to see that the Braves might be shopping Teixeira already.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby Relentless » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:54 pm

converge241 wrote:
Several readers have written in regarding a rumor from ESPN's Peter Gammons during last night's broadcast. Reportedly Gammons said the Braves offered Mark Teixeira to the Red Sox for Kevin Youkilis and Craig Hansen, but the Sox declined.

Given Youk's superior numbers and team control through 2010, hanging on to him makes sense. But it is interesting to see that the Braves might be shopping Teixeira already.

If this rumor is true, then I don't see Teix staying with the Braves much longer seeing that they were the ones that offered. A viable contender out there is probably already cooking up a deal on how to get him in their line-up
Relentless
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates