changing league rules during mid-season - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

changing league rules during mid-season

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

changing league rules during mid-season

Postby MasterX1918 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:17 pm

i'm in a H2H league where the commissioner has just implemented a maximum weekly transactions rule of 3 transaction per week. Now he's decided to put in this rule because i've been streaming pitchers, which has helped me to reach first place. (stat categories are innings pitched, wins, saves, strikeouts etc.. so you get the idea as to why i've been streaming pitchers). Anyways isn't it kind of bush league for the commissioner to do this? I mean I understand it's kind of unsportsmanlike to stream pitchers, but it's a strategy i've been using that's been paying off. Is there anything I can do to reverse this rule, like file an injunction or something? I think it's kind of ridiculous that a commissioner can prevent me from winning like this.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: changing league rules during mid-season

Postby Matthias » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:46 pm

File an injunction? Is your league run by the District Court of New York? This is fantasy baseball, man, not Civil Procedure.

It is kind of bush league to do this. It's also bush league to stream, but hey, two wrongs don't make a right. Your options are what you always have: complain to the league, live with it, or drop out and demand your money (if any) back.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benfro6 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 pm

If you paid good money to be in this league, you either need to get that rule reversed (asap) or deal with it and still win.
If it is a free league, try to get the rule reversed, but if that doesn't work, just cut your players and drop out.

Its really unfair for a commish to change the rules mid-season. He can instate it next year if he wants, but not during a season. Its like cutting you off at the knees.
benfro6
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MasterX1918 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:23 pm

I made a big tiff with him and he changed it back. He realized that having a maximum of 3 moves per week actually hurt his team as well since he relies on making alot of transactions, so he changed the rule back.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:29 am

benfro6 wrote:If you paid good money to be in this league, you either need to get that rule reversed (asap) or deal with it and still win.
If it is a free league, try to get the rule reversed, but if that doesn't work, just cut your players and drop out.

Its really unfair for a commish to change the rules mid-season. He can instate it next year if he wants, but not during a season. Its like cutting you off at the knees.

Im ok with dropping out if this is a junk league, but dont cut your players. Only a whining little child would pull a move like that. Why ruin it for the rest of the people playing?
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby noseeum » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:31 am

MasterX1918 wrote:I made a big tiff with him and he changed it back. He realized that having a maximum of 3 moves per week actually hurt his team as well since he relies on making alot of transactions, so he changed the rule back.

If you hope this league will continue for a number of years, you better follow up on this now that the dust has settled. It's difficult to debate in the heat of something that's already happened. Get everyone to agree that major mid season rule changes should be not allowed except by unanimous consent.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:58 am

Yea, you can't change rules in the middle of the season unless membership votes on it (or something along those lines)....I don't like streaming personally but that's just my opinion and if it's within the rules there's no problem in using it. If the commish had a problem with it he should have mentioned it before the season started.

I'd quit if things don't stay the same provided you don't have a ton of money riding on it.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Return to Commissioner's Corner