Sabathia Trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sabathia Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Sabathia Trade

Postby altmizzle » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:45 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
Kingctb27 wrote:As a Parra owner I haven't even thought that they would move him to the pen. It's gotta be Bush...

I suppose at the very least, Parra's start gets pushed back to Wednesday in that case. I'm reading that CC is likely to make his debut on Tuesday night, when Parra is slated.

For Parra owners (including myself)...Parra's pitching at least the 8th inning tonight. Lucky, the Brewers have got their rally caps on...he may get the win! ;-D

BUT...I have enough relief...I hope he still at least gets one start this week :-S
altmizzle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nmarq8 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:43 am

altmizzle wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:
Kingctb27 wrote:As a Parra owner I haven't even thought that they would move him to the pen. It's gotta be Bush...

I suppose at the very least, Parra's start gets pushed back to Wednesday in that case. I'm reading that CC is likely to make his debut on Tuesday night, when Parra is slated.

For Parra owners (including myself)...Parra's pitching at least the 8th inning tonight. Lucky, the Brewers have got their rally caps on...he may get the win! ;-D

BUT...I have enough relief...I hope he still at least gets one start this week :-S

Looks like Parra is the one to be sent back to relief. :-t
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:45 am

No, he's scheduled to start Friday:

Jul 7 Tom Haudricourt, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Milwaukee Brewers SP Manny Parra is expected to start Friday, July 11.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Re: How will the Wisconsin Diet effect CC's "Girth"

Postby imblotto » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:11 am

Yoda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Just wondering if anyone is predicting a 20-30 pound weight gain in CC due to all the cheese and brats?

he doesn't eat meat you n00b

Sabathia is a vegetarian?
imblotto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ELaw77 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:48 am

6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 5 BB, 5 K...W

He walked 5, and pitched only 6 innings and got a win.

In Cleveland, it would have been either a loss or a no decision.

I am going to enjoy the second half of the season :-)
ELaw77
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:00 pm

Would Brewers fans rather have had the Sabathia deal, or this?

Ken Rosenthal wrote:David Eckstein is on a one-year deal, and Marco Scutaro is not a long-term answer. The Jays recently offered Burnett for Hardy, according to a major-league source, but the Brewers have no interest in breaking up their major-league club — and in Sabathia, they acquired a better pitcher.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:45 pm

mweir145 wrote:Would Brewers fans rather have had the Sabathia deal, or this?

Ken Rosenthal wrote:David Eckstein is on a one-year deal, and Marco Scutaro is not a long-term answer. The Jays recently offered Burnett for Hardy, according to a major-league source, but the Brewers have no interest in breaking up their major-league club — and in Sabathia, they acquired a better pitcher.

Ummm I think CC's deal trumps that offer. Hardy is a plus player at his position even though injuries have slowed him down. Burnett is inconsistent and injury prone and expensive.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:12 pm

Yoda wrote:

Ummm I think CC's deal trumps that offer. Hardy is a plus player at his position even though injuries have slowed him down. Burnett is inconsistent and injury prone and expensive.

I didn't say the CC deal wasn't better for their goals. I don't have a very high opinion of Burnett as a pitcher, in case you haven't noticed over these last few years. I just wanted to know what others thought. AJ is a rental player, just like CC, but comes with far more risk down the stretch.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Third Day » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:05 pm

Yoda wrote:

;-D
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 273)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:29 am

You're so desperate to get rid of Burnett :-b :-b :-b :-b
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers