Worst All-Time Idea For A Movie? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Worst All-Time Idea For A Movie?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Worst All-Time Idea For A Movie?

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:47 pm

Borat was absolutely hilarious. I was pretty disgusted during some scenes and it wasn't the best movie all time but still, it was highly entertaining regardless.

My wife wants to see Teeth and I absolutely refuse. Not sure I would enjoy watching men getting their jewels severed the whole movie. Too scary for this guy.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:11 am

Another Blown Save wrote:Two words. Street Fighter

Not even the worst Jean Claude movie. See:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120724/

I know the whole tough guy/comic thing has been done a million times. That piece of crap might have been the worst I've ever seen. Nothing says brilliant like pairing up a hapless comic who lives off of Adam Sandler's table scraps and a martial artist who can't act his way out of a paper bag. Worst yet, I actually paid to see it in the theater. Ugh. :-B
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:56 am

well since Troll 2 is the worst movie ever i'm also nominating it for worst idea for a movie ever

seriously, if you havent seen this you need to, or at least YouTube the Troll 2 montage

i didnt feel like clicking all the linls but did anyone nominate the new Meet Dave movie with Eddie Murphy...AKA Innerspace 2
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

Not even the worst Jean Claude movie. See:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120724/

I know the whole tough guy/comic thing has been done a million times. That piece of crap might have been the worst I've ever seen. Nothing says brilliant like pairing up a hapless comic who lives off of Adam Sandler's table scraps and a martial artist who can't act his way out of a paper bag. Worst yet, I actually paid to see it in the theater. Ugh. :-B

Action star Jean Claude Van Damme plays a fashion designer who must join forces with a C.I.A. agent to combat terrorism.

I read that and started laughing. What the hell let me try, .. Action star and universal sex symbol Jean Claude Van Damme plays as an autistic deaf mute violin teacher with who must join forces with Homeland Security to stop a planned attack on U.S. soil and learn a tough life lesson about perserverance and overcoming obstacles on the way. Maybe I should move to Hollywood.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:50 pm

mweir145 wrote:if you really felt the need to "bust my chops," couldn't you have done it in an area where you weren't so completely wrong?

There is no "right" and "wrong" when it comes to opinions and preferances. Are the people who don't like chocolate wrong? Of course not. No difference here. What's silly is thinking and insisting you're "right" in a situation where there is no "right" and "wrong".

So you're free to think Borat was great and I'm free to think it was the biggest waste of money in movie history. And the awesome part is that neither of us is right or wrong. Simply what we prefer. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:49 pm

I just don't see how such a commercial and critical success can be included in a thread like this. That's all.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:12 am

mweir145 wrote:I just don't see how such a commercial and critical success can be included in a thread like this. That's all.

If a movie makes money it shouldn't even be mentioned in a thread like this, wether it was a stupid movie or not, the point of a movie is to make money and it did so it was successful and therefore a good idea. Theres a ton of movies I think suck, but at the same time I know they made a profit and while it saddens me to say this it was a good idea and I can't blame them.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:56 am

mweir145 wrote:I just don't see how such a commercial and critical success can be included in a thread like this. That's all.

Hancock did $185 million in a matter of days, yet I know several people who didn't think it was worth the money to go see it when it was over (I haven't seen it, so I have no opinion). Marketing and buzz is seperate than content. I expected it to be funny based on everything I heard/read, but was sorely disappointed.

If everyone in this country loved the same things, we'd all be sheep. ;-) I accept that some people liked Borat and that's cool, but it just wasn't for me (and I'm not alone, some people just don't like to cause waves by going against the masses). Anyway, I'd watch dang near any movie over watching that thing again, but to each their own. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ukrneal » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:23 am

This cannot really be a thread about the worst all-time movie if you don;t include the worst all-time movie (or at least one of them). I am referring to that all-time brilliant idea. The title say it all: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. It's a classic in bad film. Yes, it is that bad. I was brain damaged after seeing it. I'm sure that was the cause....
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:31 pm

ukrneal wrote:This cannot really be a thread about the worst all-time movie if you don;t include the worst all-time movie (or at least one of them). I am referring to that all-time brilliant idea. The title say it all: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. It's a classic in bad film. Yes, it is that bad. I was brain damaged after seeing it. I'm sure that was the cause....

Aye, I remember that. Forgot if the cartoon or the film came out first, pretty sure it was the cartoon.

I don't think it's such a bad concept. The problem with having to port a popular video game series into a live action/animation movie is just that video game storylines aren't too terribly deep. Resident Evil actually had some promise as a movie series in my opinion but the movie adaptations just weren't a complete portrayal of what the games really were.

However, I did enjoy the Street Fighter anime films. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk