Am i missing something???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Am i missing something????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Am i missing something????

Postby RynMan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:33 am

In EVERY one of my teams (i have 7), i have ended up with Oswalt and Beckett. i used autodraft for 6 of them and used my own player rankings. for some reason i must be taking these two guys higher than everyone else. can someone please tell me if i am missing something about these two guys? i think oswalt is an ace, and beckett could be an ace if he breaks out this year. what dont i know??
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:57 am

I've got 4 teams and ended up with Beckett on all of them and Oswalt on 2.

I took Oswalt both times in the 4th round which is about where I expected him to go and he went in the 3rd and then the 4th when he didn't make my roster. I got Beckett in the 5th round once, and the 6th round three times. Again around where I would have expected him to go. I'm still not huge on Oswalt for several reasons but in both drafts I got him he was the right option at the time and I expect him to be very good when he plays. I just hope he can stay off the DL. I'm rapt in Beckett and think he could end the season No. 2 to Prior in fantasy bb.

There is no doubt if you are drafting multiple teams you will have many of the same players. Unless you took these two guys in the first 2 / 3 rounds I'm sure you got them at the right time. Relax and enjoy their production for your teams, especially Beckett.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:01 am

You southern hemisphereans (is that a word?) seem to be similar. Personally I don't have either of them in any of my 6 leagues, but most are keeper leagues in which we didn't redraft. Oswalt seems like an injury risk, and Beckett is being drafted based on last year's post season. But it doesn't seem like you over-paid, and they could tunr out to be great picks.

One sign that I'm up too late is that 2 people from down under are the last people to post on this thread...time for bed.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:06 am

LOL, yeah u better get to bed.
but yeah i think beckett is also rated alot on his postseason efforts, but i mean that can help me in trades too if everyone thinks that way. but blisters have been stopping him from really getting anywhere and now they are gone.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby icepak » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:09 am

I've gotten oswalt in 8th round in all my public leagues, sure he's an injury risk, but his potential is too good to pass up. And I do believe he will stay healthy this year.
icepak
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Arlo » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:44 am

Both Oswalt and Beckett are on my keeper list once again. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby intense » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:57 am

I too have Oswalt on basically all of my autodrafts , lol. I also have beckett on many, I guess we just figured they were ranked too high when making our rankings. Im not complaining.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:13 am

Arlo wrote:Both Oswalt and Beckett are on my keeper list once again. :-)

Break up the ARLO gang. ;-)
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Baseball Leftovers