Scare Tactics - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Scare Tactics

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Scare Tactics

Postby Sticky Spice » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:51 am

I was watcing the Twilight Zone marathon yesterday and kept seeing Scare Tactics advertised.

I remembered seeing one or two episodes what seems like five years ago, but I thought it was like they only came up with an episode or extremely short season every Halloween. All I remember is that I thought it was hilarious.

I did a little research and found this article on IMDB which makes perfect sense on why it would be difficult to keep going as a regular series:

Rising Insurance Costs Hit Reality Shows
17 February 2003 | From Studio Briefing | See recent Studio Briefing news

The lower production costs associated with reality TV shows could become offset by increasing insurance premiums and legal fees, the Los Angeles Times observed today (Monday). The newspaper called particular attention to a lawsuit filed by a woman who claims that she experienced trauma causing her to be hospitalized several times when she became the object of a prank contrived by the producers of a new Sci Fi Channel show called Scare Tactics, which is set to debut in April. Filmed with hidden cameras, the woman, Kara Blanc, was allegedly led to believe that she had been targeted by an "extraterrestrial murderer." Such programs, the Times observed, represent a particular legal problem since participants do not sign releases in advance consenting to appear on the program. Blanc's lawsuit also asks the court to stop the producers from engaging in "the unfair, unlawful and fraudulent business practice of surreptitiously recording the traumatized reactions of any other persons in the future."

It makes me wonder if the new season won't be as funny as in the past, or if it's going to be staged.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scare Tactics

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:52 pm

ive seen a few episodes and its really really pushing the limits. like people getting "killed" in front of you, or breaking into your house. someone is very likely to get seriously injured.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:39 am

Snakes Gould wrote:ive seen a few episodes and its really really pushing the limits. like people getting "killed" in front of you, or breaking into your house. someone is very likely to get seriously injured.

Agreed, but it was entertaining.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DbacksRback » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:12 am

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU5vSjTSaQ0&NR=1

For some reason I didn't think to look on YouTube! This one is great! Cute girl and "neeeither aaare youuuu" was just the icing on the cake!
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:51 am

Sticky Spice wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU5vSjTSaQ0&NR=1

For some reason I didn't think to look on YouTube! This one is great! Cute girl and "neeeither aaare youuuu" was just the icing on the cake!

haha that was a great one she handeled it very well i though i would ran :-b

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby cordscords » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:06 am

Tracy Morgan as the new host seems dumb.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Sticky Spice » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:56 am

I think the host is pretty much irrelevant to the show, although I did see a couple clips last night where Shannon Doherty was not only host, but accomplice in a couple scares.
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Return to General Talk