Confessions Of A Turncoat Bargain Hunter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Confessions Of A Turncoat Bargain Hunter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Confessions Of A Turncoat Bargain Hunter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:01 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I do own a "Red Sox Suck" shirt.

That is about the only thing I own that says Red Sox.

Only non Red Sox baseball shirt I have says "Yankees Choked" on it. :-? :-D ;-) :-b

I only own one MLB jersey, Jacoby's. Wife owns a few. Papelbon, Chipper, Tek, Beckett. A couple more I think. Kid's got a Papi jersey. As far as football jerseys it's a bit different. The kid's got a TO jersey from the Niners (me) and Eagles (wife) and a Raiders Moss jersey (his favorite player). There are only a handful of players from other teams whose jerseys I would consider wearing. Lincecum and Joba (Husker) are probably the only MLB ones I can think of right now and Brian Dawkins is probably the only NFL one.

And I agree, I think it's incredibly tacky to wear different teams at the same time (shirt different from hat). I caught myself do that once though. I have my main Sox hat and just threw it on as a habit without realizing I was wearing my Niners sweatshirt. :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:03 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Only non Red Sox baseball shirt I have says "Yankees Choked" on it. :-? :-D ;-) :-b

I only own one MLB jersey, Jacoby's. Wife owns a few. Papelbon, Chipper, Tek, Beckett. A couple more I think. Kid's got a Papi jersey. As far as football jerseys it's a bit different. The kid's got a TO jersey from the Niners (me) and Eagles (wife) and a Raiders Moss jersey (his favorite player). There are only a handful of players from other teams whose jerseys I would consider wearing. Lincecum and Joba (Husker) are probably the only MLB ones I can think of right now and Brian Dawkins is probably the only NFL one.

And I agree, I think it's incredibly tacky to wear different teams at the same time (shirt different from hat). I caught myself do that once though. I have my main Sox hat and just threw it on as a habit without realizing I was wearing my Niners sweatshirt. :-B

I think your wife owning more jerseys than you violates some man law.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:48 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I think your wife owning more jerseys than you violates some man law.

I think it has more to do with my dislike for wearing oversized shirts, while there happen to be those jerseys with women in mind that fit a girly figure. Maybe I'll try one of hers on sometime. That would probably break a man law there too wouldn't it? Honestly, though, my wife owns a lot more clothing than I do so it is not unusual that she owns five or so more articles than I do of anything. :*)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:13 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I think it has more to do with my dislike for wearing oversized shirts

Then buy a soccer jersey, silly. :-D

No, seriously, most of them are a good fit and in fact, some run a little tight (Nike and Puma are guilty of this, Adidas are a bit big on the contrary), but nothing as oversized as those lousy gangsta wannabe football jerseys. :-b ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:16 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Then buy a soccer jersey, silly. :-D

He might as well buy a skirt as well if he's going to do that. 8-o :-o
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Old_Style » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:22 am

The only pieces of sports clothing I have is an '05 White Sox world champion shirt and a Chicago Bears hat. (Don't worry, I don't wear them at the same time. ;-D )

I never got into baseball jerseys. It's probably just me, but when I see some dude wearing a ball player's jersey somewhere other than the park, it seems out of place.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:22 am

AussieDodger wrote:

The odd part is guys like Omaha on the Lightside are secretly fixated with working skirts for work around the house.

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Oh, man, what the heck is that? :-b Gotta get me one of those. Hold my tools and let my boys breath during those hot days. :-b

:-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:41 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:

The odd part is guys like Omaha on the Lightside are secretly fixated with working skirts for work around the house.

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Oh, man, what the heck is that? :-b Gotta get me one of those. Hold my tools and let my boys breath during those hot days. :-b

:-D

I don't who that guy is. :^ :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk