which minor leaguer should I drop? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

which minor leaguer should I drop?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

which minor leaguer should I drop?

Postby Shelton Southpaw » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:14 am

My Sportsline fantasy team, besides having a major league roster, we also have 3 minor league roster spots.
Now earlier this season, I had Clayton Kershaw on my minor league roster, where I had brought him up to my major league roster when he was brought up to the big leagues.
Now since he was demoted back to the minor leagues, I have the option to move him back to my minor league roster, since he is still under the 50 IP limit. So far this season he has pitched 38.7 innings.

Now my question to you all is which one if any of my minor league roster players should I drop, if any?
I currently have the following 3 players on my minor league roster:

Jason Heyward, OF, Braves
Desmond Jennings, OF, Rays
Jeremy Hellickson, SP, Rays

The reason I especially need to move Kershaw back to my minor league roster is because currently, since being demoted back to the minors, he is taking up a spot on my minor league roster and not producing any points while being back in the minors.

Which of my 3 minor league roster players would you drop if any? Who would you suggest?

Any information you could provide, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Shelton Southpaw
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: which minor leaguer should I drop?

Postby cardinal1975 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:08 am

You have to keep Heyward....that's a no-brainer. It then comes down to Jennings and Hellickson. Jennings is a very toolsy player with a ton of talent that should translate well to the big leagues by 2010. Hellickson is a good young pitcher with excellent control so far in his careeer. Both could be very solid players in a few years but Jennings has the talent to be special. That and I usually side with hitters over pitchers all things being equal due to added injury risk to pitchers. It's a tough decision but I would keep Jennings over Hellickson. Anyway you could just keep Kershaw on your big league roster for a few weeks? I expect him to be back up by mid-August at the latest. Good luck on your decision.

;-D
cardinal1975
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:42 am

I'd keep Heyward and Hellickson. Jennings has had a couple of bad injuries already in his career so you've got to wonder about his durability. I agree with the previous post in that Desmond has some amazing potential, but I feel the chances of him living up to it are quite slim. On the other hand, great control pitchers with K stuff don't come around that often.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jwhands » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:15 pm

I would drop Hellickson. Minor league arms are far more unpredictable than bats, and Hellickson isn't exactly a top pitching prospect.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:07 pm

Didn't mean to jinx him, but Jennings is once again out for the year as he's going to have shoulder surgery. No way you should hang on to him at this point as durability indeed seems like it'll be an issue with him as he can't even get out of A ball.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball