Bedard out after 5? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bedard out after 5?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bedard out after 5?

Postby Guzman24 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Can someone fill me in. His line looked good today apart from the whip. Why is he out of the game after only 5 innings?

High pitch count???

Or is he hurt AGAIN?? :~( :-C
Last edited by Guzman24 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5304
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 5 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bedard out after 5

Postby mikerobbjk » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:25 pm

He had 85 pitches at the end of 4. I'm guessing he hit is mark of 100 at the end of the 5th.
mikerobbjk
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 136
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bedard out after 5

Postby Guzman24 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:42 pm

mikerobbjk wrote:He had 85 pitches at the end of 4. I'm guessing he hit is mark of 100 at the end of the 5th.



Thanks for the update. :-°

Bedard's now put together a few decent starts in a row. Hopefully he can keep progressing and stay healthy.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5304
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 5 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bedard out after 5

Postby raekwon » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:44 pm

he hasnt been able to go 7 or longer. im guessing hes been struggling a bit each outing. good to see some positive signs though
raekwon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 31
Joined: 9 May 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bedard out after 5

Postby wildbill » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:29 pm

Not to single you out dude, but it's pretty darn amazing how many people can take the time to get online come here and make a post like this when it would have been quicker to go to mlb.com, espn, or any nubmer of other sites and look at the box score which would have answered a question like this. In this case Bedard was just under 100 pitches after 5 and with his health history this season it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he came out because of pitch count. Call it a pet peeve. :-[

BTW, It'd be different if the box score only showed him at say 75 pitches, when it wouldn't have been so obvious.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 838
Joined: 7 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bedard out after 5

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Happy he was on my do-not-draft-list preseason.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6184
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The offseason.

Re: Bedard out after 5

Postby cookman » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:10 pm

wildbill wrote:Not to single you out dude, but it's pretty darn amazing how many people can take the time to get online come here and make a post like this when it would have been quicker to go to mlb.com, espn, or any nubmer of other sites and look at the box score which would have answered a question like this. In this case Bedard was just under 100 pitches after 5 and with his health history this season it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he came out because of pitch count. Call it a pet peeve. :-[

BTW, It'd be different if the box score only showed him at say 75 pitches, when it wouldn't have been so obvious.


Ha. Dude, correct me if I'm wrong, no one forced you to read the post, so why do you give a s#^t so much?
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 392
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bedard out after 5

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:57 am

cookman wrote:
wildbill wrote:Not to single you out dude, but it's pretty darn amazing how many people can take the time to get online come here and make a post like this when it would have been quicker to go to mlb.com, espn, or any nubmer of other sites and look at the box score which would have answered a question like this. In this case Bedard was just under 100 pitches after 5 and with his health history this season it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he came out because of pitch count. Call it a pet peeve. :-[

BTW, It'd be different if the box score only showed him at say 75 pitches, when it wouldn't have been so obvious.


Ha. Dude, correct me if I'm wrong, no one forced you to read the post, so why do you give a s#^t so much?


I have to agree with Wildbill...at the end of the day, we peruse the cafe looking for headlines and see "Bedard out after 5"...and immediately think that something happen, when all they REALLY happened was the original poster didn't do ANY research before making a post. Nothing against the original poster, but there has been a lot of posts like these lately...take the two seconds to look up the info before making posts like this.
Image
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1995
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 9 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In mancave playing CodMW2

Re: Bedard out after 5

Postby Guzman24 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:49 am

wildbill wrote:Not to single you out dude, but it's pretty darn amazing how many people can take the time to get online come here and make a post like this when it would have been quicker to go to mlb.com, espn, or any nubmer of other sites and look at the box score which would have answered a question like this. In this case Bedard was just under 100 pitches after 5 and with his health history this season it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he came out because of pitch count. Call it a pet peeve. :-[

BTW, It'd be different if the box score only showed him at say 75 pitches, when it wouldn't have been so obvious.


Sorry bud, while I appreciate your opinion I really don't see any problem with my original post.

If Bedard had been healthy all year I'd have to agree with you. My post would have been pretty asinine. However, the guy has been injury plagued all year. He's had a number of nagging injuries that have forced him out of games early. He's also had good starts followed by missed starts or DL stints. But..... you're trying to tell me that I should look at his line of 99 pitches over 5 innings and be able to tell the full story myself?? :-S

This is a public forum where people discuss baseball and help each other out. I didn't have time to watch the M's/Tigers game today. Many people on here did. I felt the best way to find out if Bedard had any issues today was to ask those who actually watched the game. And thanks by the way to those of you who answered my question ;-D

Wildbill........Sorry, next time I see 5IP and 99 pitches beside Bedard's name in the box score I'll know for sure that everything is all good......until he hits the DL the following day. If questions like mine rile you maybe just don't open them.

Maybe take a vacation or something? There are way worse things in life.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5304
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 5 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bedard out after 5

Postby cookman » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:06 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:
cookman wrote:
wildbill wrote:Not to single you out dude, but it's pretty darn amazing how many people can take the time to get online come here and make a post like this when it would have been quicker to go to mlb.com, espn, or any nubmer of other sites and look at the box score which would have answered a question like this. In this case Bedard was just under 100 pitches after 5 and with his health history this season it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he came out because of pitch count. Call it a pet peeve. :-[

BTW, It'd be different if the box score only showed him at say 75 pitches, when it wouldn't have been so obvious.


Ha. Dude, correct me if I'm wrong, no one forced you to read the post, so why do you give a s#^t so much?


I have to agree with Wildbill...at the end of the day, we peruse the cafe looking for headlines and see "Bedard out after 5"...and immediately think that something happen, when all they REALLY happened was the original poster didn't do ANY research before making a post. Nothing against the original poster, but there has been a lot of posts like these lately...take the two seconds to look up the info before making posts like this.


Again, so what? Either don't read the post, or move on after spending the 12 seconds to read it. You waste way more time making more lame useless posts.
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 392
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(1:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(4:05 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact