A little more of my work - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

A little more of my work

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

A little more of my work

Postby bpizle » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:53 am

One was for a sig request and the other MIssissippi state one, is for my favorite college team - (BTW: the text at the bottom "Sigs by SparQ" is my name on the GFX forum i post on )

bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A little more of my work

Postby soty » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:23 am

I like the Mississippi State one, much more clean look. A lot better. As for the Howard/Arod one...still a little too much going on there for my liking. Specifically that white swirly thing in the middle of the sig. In my opinion it is distracting to the rest of the sig. I like the idea of the Phils and Yanks backgrounds though. If it was me I would make the players stick out more (not so faded), take that white thing out and just keep it will the team logos in the background. All in all though not bad, I see a lot of improvement. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby bpizle » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:21 pm

soty wrote:I like the Mississippi State one, much more clean look. A lot better. As for the Howard/Arod one...still a little too much going on there for my liking. Specifically that white swirly thing in the middle of the sig. In my opinion it is distracting to the rest of the sig. I like the idea of the Phils and Yanks backgrounds though. If it was me I would make the players stick out more (not so faded), take that white thing out and just keep it will the team logos in the background. All in all though not bad, I see a lot of improvement. ;-D

LoL. Yea soty i didnt like the thought of the swirly in the middle either but I had to do something. I was VERY plain looking. I honestly had no choice.. But thanks though.. BTW: do you know any good techniques to use in blank spaces like that? If so, help meh.
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby abrage22 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:49 am

if i had a blank space, i'd prabably put text in there, or make the players bigger to fill some/most of it.
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby soty » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:15 pm

bpizle wrote:LoL. Yea soty i didnt like the thought of the swirly in the middle either but I had to do something. I was VERY plain looking. I honestly had no choice.. But thanks though.. BTW: do you know any good techniques to use in blank spaces like that? If so, help meh.
Not really "techniques" but you could try adding text, pics, ect. Sorry if this doesnt help much, but all I do is just go along with the sig theme. If it was a two player (separate teams) sig like that one I may just come up with some kind of generic background. Basically find some kind of stock pic then add lighting, color, brushing, ect. Everyone is different though. Just keep experimenting/ practicing and you will come up with your own style before you know it. Keep working at it. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Return to Contests and Showing Off