can you have to many players from one team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

can you have to many players from one team?

can you have to many players from one team?

Postby BigRy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:53 am

I currently have Fielder, Weeks, Hardy, and Branyan. I just picked up Branyan looking for a few homeruns. I don't use Branyan and weeks all the time. I use them more based on matchups but there are some days I might have four Brewers in my lineup like today vs. Webb. Their numbers are good vs. Webb except Weeks whom Ill bench most likely. Is this to many players from one team or does it even matter? I figure stats are stats so it won't matter but I thought Id ask some of the experienced guys who play fantasy baseball yearly.

If I were to drop a Brewer right now it would be Branyan. Id probably grab Headley or Alexei Ramirez.
BigRy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: can you have to many players from one team?

Postby yanks924 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:49 pm

it really depends if you are in a head to head or roto league. If you were in a roto league it really wouldn't matter all that much, but if its head to head it could hurt you like if their offense just goes cold for an entire week or even longer than it could hurt your team but even if thats the case it wouldn't be too bad.
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BiggGC » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:16 am

yanks924 wrote:it really depends if you are in a head to head or roto league. If you were in a roto league it really wouldn't matter all that much, but if its head to head it could hurt you like if their offense just goes cold for an entire week or even longer than it could hurt your team but even if thats the case it wouldn't be too bad.

I agree! Having 4 offensive players may be to much!
Depending on what you need I would get Alexi. ;-D
Thanks to WhiteSoxPride
BiggGC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tah161 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:17 pm

In roto I would say its fine because you get all the overall stats. In head to head however I dont think its a good idea especially if you dont have replacements. The reason I dont like it is because if they are facing good pitching and like someone else said the offense goes cold you could loose your head 2 head match up with 2 bad days where half your line-up isnt getting hits.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby T-fence92 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:42 pm

I really don't think that it matters. It really only matters in football.
T-fence92
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cnote23 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:34 pm

headly is how right now if you need homeruns I would grab him if you need BA grab the Cuban missle Alexi!!!
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafecaster
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Chicago RedSox » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:40 pm

I think one of the biggest risk is having your team face a great pitching staff, or back to back pitching staffs. If in one week the BrewCrew play the Giants (Lincecum, Cain, Johnson) and then the Cubs (Zambrano, Harden), you could be in serious trouble for that week offensively. Even if your team only faces one superlative ACE in a week, it's almost like cutting your teams production by 1/7. You can usually rebound if it's only one or two guys facing that ace, but if you have four...could be an issue. On the flip side, if the brewers are facing Pittsburg and the back end of the Padres staff, you're golden. To sum it up, flexibility is an asset in Fantasy Base Ball.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby whatinthebluehell » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:39 pm

Ya, if they play for the Nationals!
whatinthebluehell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby zhuo1005 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:25 am

You can usually rebound if it's only one or two guys facing that ace, but if you have four...could be an issue
zhuo1005
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Beginner's Forum