Sig Bets Have Nothing on This Baseball Wager - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Sig Bets Have Nothing on This Baseball Wager

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sig Bets Have Nothing on This Baseball Wager

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:33 pm

The short version is that a guy lost a bet, and he is now living homeless on the streets of DC for an entire week with only a meager allowance of possessions in a Pokemon backpack. There is a blog going on this, and I know the obvious question is "How is a homeless guy making blog updates?" He has a Kinko's card with which to make e-mail updates to a buddy that then updates the blog.

So what was the bet? You'll like this:

"The Brewers would have a better '07 season record than the Phillies."

Here's a link to the blog. Start from the bottom for Day 1.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Sig Bets Have Nothing on This Baseball Wager

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:46 pm

:-b haha ouch thats rough

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Oh wow. :-b No way I'd ever make a bet like that. :-o :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RyanK » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:38 pm

Some gay guy wanted to know if I was on a camping trip

race car campers... whats the world come too
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby thedude » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:54 pm

:-b :-b :-b That was a hilarious read. I will have to keep up with this.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby JTWood » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:01 am

Just a note... That blog is just some guy's personal site. If we gang up on it, it will crash. }:-)

Those are words from his own mouth.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:48 pm

I just spoke to Jand he does not think he will make it to the internet terminal today, but wanted to provide an update for his public. I will do my best to recap.

Last night for about the first time J was able to sleep through a good part of the night. He attributes it mainly to drinking Jack Daniels on an empty stomach, but he found a cozy bench behind the Lincoln Memorial right near the Memorial Bridge. He slept until around 4:00 AM, then began walking around the city again. He said he plans on possibly going back to the same location tonight for some rest.

J spent $2.00 of his remaining $5.00 on a grilled cheese sandwich today for lunch. He plans to do some serious begging this evening so he can have a few more meals before Saturday. He also spent the majority of today looking for a place to get himself cleaned up. He said his hair has started to get hard and his smell is becoming unbearable. After trying unsuccessfully to sneak his way in to several hotel swimming pools he finally settled for a running sprinkler near Johns Hopkins University. He said he had quite an audience watching him as he ran through the sprinkler (he did keep bottoms on) and washed himself as best he could. While not ideal, he does now feel a little better about himself.

Tonight is also J's final Arabic class of the week. He has said that his classmates all try to sit as far away from him as possible with late arrivers to class visibly upset that they are forced to sit nearby him. One positive today for J is that last night he decided to hide his textbooks in his classroom in an effort to lighten his backpack weight by a few pounds. Assuming they are still there this evening this will have proven to be a wise move.

Not sure what kind of update I will get out tomorrow. I will be downtown for the 4th and will definitely be checking in on J. I'll try to maybe send something out late tomorrow night or sometime Saturday. Regardless, I hope everyone can make it to Capitol Lounge on Saturday night. We will probably get there around 9:00 with J arriving sometime around 10:30 or 11:00. You are also welcome to send J emails congratulating him (or telling him how dumb he is for taking this bet) at jollayc at hotmail dot com.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby J35J » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:25 pm

That is probably the coolest thing I've read in a while. I could see that bet going down between my group of friends and I about 10 years ago! Too funny!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby NorthSider2 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:38 pm

dang that is taking to the extreme. I lost a one game bet and now i have to where this gay pri...i mean Sox sig }:-)
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to General Talk