Soriano at #2? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano at #2?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mightyian5 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:57 am

either pick will assure you production at a high level. the question is, would you rather have the higher average, or the higher stolen base totals?
theyre coming.....
mightyian5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EugeneStyles » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:02 am

Personally, I have Soriano on my "don't pick" list this year. Sure, I'll grab him if he's available in the 3rd round, but he won't be. I just don't see him developing the way a major league hitter should, and I think the AL pitchers are starting to figure out more about the holes in his swing.

I just have a bad feeling that he's gonna lower that batting average even further, and be like Raul Mondesi in a few years. Pujols will be good for years to come, in a keeper league.

But if you don't have the same bad feeling, grab him. You'll be awfully happy if I'm wrong.
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:56 am

mightyian5 wrote:either pick will assure you production at a high level. the question is, would you rather have the higher average, or the higher stolen base totals?

It all depends on your predictions. For next year I have Soriano hitting .300 and Pujols hitting .330. I'll take Soriano's 40 more SB over Pujols 30 pts in AVG.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:15 pm

Soriano will probably be hitting in the 3 hole. Which means lower average, less steals and more homers. I'd go with Pujols without question. Soriano didn't even get 40 steals last year hitting at the top of the Yankees order. He isn't going to get 40 hitting in the middle of the Rangers order.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Freebird27 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:20 pm

Good points for both sides...I think I will have to go with Pujols...I think it is a good point that he may not get close to 40 bags in the 3 hole...we shall see...I think I will take the safe play with my first rounder...thanks for all the input

hmmm...Vlad?????
Freebird27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers