Please Please Rate My Team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please Please Rate My Team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please Please Rate My Team?

Postby Jedimindtric » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:40 pm

Just drafted in a 12 team league. I had the first pick overall and I wanted to get some opinions. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

C Leiberthal and Lecroy backing up
1st Nevin with Millar on the bench
2nd Kent with Durham on the bench
SS AROD
3rd Chavez with Alfonzo on the Bench
OF are Ordonez, Hidalgo, Jason Bay or Gibbons
Utility are Patterson and Sanchez

Pitchers are Vazquez, Santana, Maddux, C. Zambrano, Leiter, V. Zambrano

Relivers are Rhodes, Borowski, Baez, and C. Cordero.
Jedimindtric

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

In Addition

Postby Jedimindtric » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:01 pm

I forgot to say that I am in a head to head with points in the usual 10 categories. I have already rated a few teams and I will rate yours if you can rate mine. Thanks in advance!
Jedimindtric

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ctylkoko » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:14 pm

one more quality SP would help lots. Pretty well rounded on the offense side and RP "should" be solid.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
ctylkoko
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:46 pm

i have never been a big fan of carrying two catchers. maybe it makes more sense in a points league? most people are predicting solid numbers for lecroy so it may be possible to package lieberthal and someone for an upgrade somewhere.

while ray durham isnt bad i am not sure if he really helps you any since you should always be playing kent. depending on what kind of pitchers are on waivers i might drop him for another starter but thats just my preference. i like to have a lot of starting pitchers at my disposal in a head to head league.

your closers should be solid. there might be some teams with bigger names but in a 12 team league having four closers will win most weeks.

back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Go CUBBIES!!! » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:54 pm

I agree completely with what he ^ said. You might want to dominate a several categories as opposed to spreading your talent thin across the board. You're not goin to win HR most weeks, but You definitely have a shot at AVG, RBI and maybe runs with that line up. Find a couple of solid picks from the waiver Wire that will bolster single categories, especially in pitching, which will have the most pivotal categories in H2H. Try his (the last guy to post) strategy and pick up some players with solid WHIP and ERA. A trade for LaTroy Hawkins will net you the cheapest 5.00 WHIP player in the game right now. If you package your guys right, you could make a competitive team. Remeber in H2H, it's all about dominating in 6 or 7 categories of the 10, each week. That's all I got for ya. Thanks again for checking out my roste as well

"HOOOLLEEEEE COOW!"
-Harry Carey
Go CUBBIES!!! Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:55 pm

It looks like a good, solid team. Your pitching should keep you competitive each week, and your starting batters are top notch.. For the most part.

I wouldn't want Hidalgo, Bay and Sanchez starting. Too many question marks. I suspect that Gibbons will end up starting over one or another. You could use some speed, unless Sanchez and Patterson are as good as you hope.

But if it were me, I'd stand pat. If you're offered an outfielder for something like Hidalgo and Durham, I'd grab that. Otherwise, I'd wait and see. It's a strong team.

You don't have to rate my team. But thanks for rating other peoples.

Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team