Juan Pierre 15 day DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Juan Pierre 15 day DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Juan Pierre 15 day DL

Postby GrubNasty » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:08 am

Jun 30 LF Juan Pierre was placed on the 15-day disabled list for the first time in his nine-year major league career Monday after an MRI showed a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee. He is expected to miss four to six weeks. Pierre was injured when he stole second base in the sixth inning of Sunday's 1-0 loss to the Angels. He slid in headfirst, and Angels shortstop Erick Aybar fell on the back of Pierre's knee as he reached for an offline throw from catcher Mike Napoli. The steal was Pierre's 35th of the season, the second-most in the majors.

got it from yahoo this morning. Anyone with any more insight on how serious this is? i was banking on him for most of my steals, any chance of any early recovery?
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Juan Pierre 15 day DL

Postby byfrcp » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:21 am

Leg injuries don't usually bode well for players who only have value with SB's.

On a positive note, Kemp owners can breathe a little more easy for at least another month ;-D
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GrubNasty » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:45 pm

Yeah, thats kind of the way my thoughts were leaning. 5-6 weeks, then who knows how fast he is when back... not sure its wise for me to drop him just yet though.
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:51 pm

if you don't drop pierre in any format u are a fool lol...this is the first time he's been on the DL in his career so who knows how it will affect him and its a knee injury...that could kill any player who rely's on speed to make a living. it would be different if he was 25 but he's 32 (or around that).
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PavanoAllstars » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:59 pm

i'm not dropping pierre... so i must be a fool

at least wait for a week or two... how many people thought Pujols would be out for weeks and weeks (obviously you'd never drop him unless it was season ending)... I never drop a player until i've heard some rehab updates... It does stink that he's basically all about speed and this injury will certainly effect that... but it sounds like you really are dependent on his speed, if you drop him and someone else picks him up you'll likely pay for it if he comes back in a month and is ready to roll...

lastly, Pierre, though hated for many reasons (obp %), is a quintessential gamer, he will attack his rehab and will be go out as quickly as his body allows... hang in there... at least for a couple weeks
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates