Clay freaking Buchholz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Clay freaking Buchholz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Clay freaking Buchholz

Postby Polar Bear » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:01 am

Any idea when this guy is going to be called back up?
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Clay freaking Buchholz

Postby felixthecat011 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:39 am

I'd take the flier on him now if he's available in your league... talk around Beantown is that Masterson is on his way down soon in favor of Buchholz ...

My guess is he'll be up around the break worst case...
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:21 pm

felixthecat011 wrote:I'd take the flier on him now if he's available in your league... talk around Beantown is that Masterson is on his way down soon in favor of Buchholz ...

Yeah, Masterson has been a little less stellar lately, and everyone knew he would be the odd man out when the time came. I wouldn't consider it to be much of a "flier" to grab him though - I'm kind of surprised he is still out there...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby clevername » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:24 pm

some Boston beat writer on Charlie Steiner's show today just said he wouldn't be surprised to see Buchholz pitching in New York this weekend.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Polar Bear » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Sweet.

No he isn't on the wire, he is on my team and I am tired of staring at that "NA" beside his name.
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jwhands » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:26 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
felixthecat011 wrote:I'd take the flier on him now if he's available in your league... talk around Beantown is that Masterson is on his way down soon in favor of Buchholz ...

Yeah, Masterson has been a little less stellar lately, and everyone knew he would be the odd man out when the time came. I wouldn't consider it to be much of a "flier" to grab him though - I'm kind of surprised he is still out there...

I'd be interested to see where Bowden fits in with everything. I believe that Bowden may be close to leapfrogging Buchholz with the kind of season he's putting together.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:26 am

jwhands wrote:I'd be interested to see where Bowden fits in with everything. I believe that Bowden may be close to leapfrogging Buchholz with the kind of season he's putting together.

Uhh, no. Good looking kid with upside, but tell me how he's close to leaping Buchholz???
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:30 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
jwhands wrote:I'd be interested to see where Bowden fits in with everything. I believe that Bowden may be close to leapfrogging Buchholz with the kind of season he's putting together.

Uhh, no. Good looking kid with upside, but tell me how he's close to leaping Buchholz???

Seriously, that comment/assessment was quite a ways out of left field :-B :-b
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jwhands » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:13 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:

Seriously, that comment/assessment was quite a ways out of left field :-B :-b

How is that comment out in left field? Buchholz is promising, but he struggled in the bigs. My point is that if Buchholz doesn't continue to do well in the minors, then the BoSox could very likely take a look at Bowden. With the number of young arms that have recently been making the jump to the bigs, I don't see how Bowden getting a call is a stretch (especially with the season he's putting together).
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:52 am

jwhands wrote:How is that comment out in left field? Buchholz is promising, but he struggled in the bigs. My point is that if Buchholz doesn't continue to do well in the minors, then the BoSox could very likely take a look at Bowden. With the number of young arms that have recently been making the jump to the bigs, I don't see how Bowden getting a call is a stretch (especially with the season he's putting together).

It's outta left field because there is almost no chance of it occuring. Clay is doing well in the minors and his "struggles" in the bigs was from a very small sample size. Bowden is in AA ball and has more than just Clay ahead of him. Colon is due back soon and they still have Masterson.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball