Oswalt... hurt??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Oswalt... hurt???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Oswalt... hurt???

Postby PavanoAllstars » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:55 pm

the only bone I have to pick with that update is that he's already back with the team in Atlanta, and is suppossed to throw Monday, and again on Tuesday... and I've not heard anything about an MRI yet...

that being said, all of the above seems highly possible... I just haven't heard it from any of the "official" outlets... i've only heard that he was examined, given a shot, sent back to his team so he can throw from flat ground on monday, then throw a bullpen session on tuesday... hip allowing...
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PavanoAllstars » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:05 am

So... after not starting since June 30th, Oswalt lasted 17 pitches last night... i'm not going to post the article because it frustrates me beyong belief... basically Oswalt felt a couple tugs warming up, still lobbyed to go out there, his manager, Cooper, relented and now Oswalt is likely back to square one after reaggrivating his hip injury. It's pretty unbelievable to me that the manager didn't have the foresight or resolve to keep him out of the game, even if your player petitions to play, you need to do what's in the best interest for the team. This was a meaningless game. If he aggravated his injury in the bullpen, why would you send him out there for an inning, by doing so you have a pitcher who goes into the break with uncertainty, who by all means should be shut down for as long as it takes given the astros' season is over... p#$%es me off, especially given he was starting to pitch like Roy Oswalt.

I have a horrible feeling they and Roy rushed back... hopefully the injury isn't any worse than it was before, but for god's sake next time use some commonsense and foresight
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PavanoAllstars » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:57 pm

Astros are saying they're hoping he pitches next week (monday or tuesday)... I personally don't understand why they're pushing it at this point, if he's healthy great, he was pitching well until this injury, but if he's just going to aggrivate his hip again, why not just send him to the DL to make sure he comes back 100%? Oswalt felt great prior to his laster disaterous start where he lasted an inning, why are things any different right now?
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DbacksRback » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:40 pm

On the DL now :-°

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby PavanoAllstars » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:15 am

figures, he pitches well for a month... then the injury... hopefully they'll give him an adequate amount of rest this time... I could live with 2 months of productivity, which I think he'll give if he can come back healthy
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates