Cabrera Pulled - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cabrera Pulled

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cabrera Pulled

Postby abrunn11 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:44 pm

You story still doesn't make sense. If Leyland was really pissed off due to his lackluster play then why aren't they reporting that MCab was benched for that reason? Why sugar coat it and say it was an injury? They are now talking about him possibly going on the DL. So unless you have a credible source to back up your claim, I don't believe it.[/quote]


I saw it with my own two eyes. Believe what you want to believe, doesn't make any difference to me.[/quote]

I guess I just do not understand your point. :-S[/quote]

You do not understand my point that Cabrera was pulled because of the lackluster effort he gave and because of some phantom injury? I guess I can not put it in any simplier terms than that. Sorry if you cannot comprehend.
Image
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 453
Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cabrera Pulled

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:56 pm

abrunn11 wrote:You do not understand my point that Cabrera was pulled because of the lackluster effort he gave and because of some phantom injury? I guess I can not put it in any simplier terms than that. Sorry if you cannot comprehend.


Again, there are 1000s of stories about MCab's injury and a possible DL stint. You are the only person spreading this rumor so no, I don't understand your point.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Cabrera Pulled

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:15 pm

abrunn11 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
abrunn11 wrote:I guess you just had to see it. I watch the Twins telecast and Roy Smalley reported from field level that Leyland was swearing and yelling at Cabrera. Why would he be pissed off at him if he was hurt? It does not make any sense to me. MCab did not come into the dugout and tell Leyland, or a trainer, that he was hurt. Leyland came straight to MCab, yelling and spitting mad. Just telling you what I saw. The first thing that came to my mind when it happened was, what kind of injury are they going to come up with for this one? Low and behold he has a hip flexor. Like I asked before, how is your hip flexor ok to start the game but not ok after playing two innings at first base?


You story still doesn't make sense. If Leyland was really pissed off due to his lackluster play then why aren't they reporting that MCab was benched for that reason? Why sugar coat it and say it was an injury? They are now talking about him possibly going on the DL. So unless you have a credible source to back up your claim, I don't believe it.



I saw it with my own two eyes. Believe what you want to believe, doesn't make any difference to me.


did you also see him walking with a noticeable limp in the dugout and then leave the dugout with the trainer like i did on the Tigers telecast?

yes, Leyland did lay into him, and yes they did speculate he was removed for defense at first, but then they noted he had an inury. my guess is that maybe Leyland was yelling at him for staying out there with the injury in the first place
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cabrera Pulled

Postby BillyMafia » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:39 pm

They showed Leyland pointing and yelling at Cabrera on Baseball Tonight but didn't say anything about it. I tend to agree that it was because of his half attempt at Polanco's throw. It was a real bad throw but Cabrera made no effort.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1283
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cabrera Pulled

Postby yossarian » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Maybe MCab didn't make a big enough play for the ball BECAUSE of the injury, and then he was like "I couldn't get that ball cause I'm injured" and Leyland was all like "well if you're F'n injured, why don't you get the F out?"? Perhaps he's hurt AND Leyland was mad at him?
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 2117
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cabrera Pulled

Postby BillyMafia » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Could be. Leyland was definitely upset though.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1283
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cabrera Pulled

Postby BrettCB » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:48 pm

M-Cab just pinch hit and was walking with a noticeable limp...
BrettCB
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 483
Joined: 3 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Near Detroit, MI

Re: Cabrera Pulled

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:58 pm

BrettCB wrote:M-Cab just pinch hit and was walking with a noticeable limp...


Probably the 20 lashes that he got from Leyland for being lazy the other day. ;-7
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Cabrera Pulled

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:11 pm

BrettCB wrote:M-Cab just pinch hit and was walking with a noticeable limp...


bring on the DL...
Image
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7201
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Guardedly optimistic

Re: Cabrera Pulled

Postby dillpickle » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:19 pm

After I posted that, I went to see what his splits were and was surprised at what I found. So I expected this response. I watch perty near every Tigers game and it just seems to me that Cabrera's approach at the plate and overall at bats have gotten much better. Guess the results don't show that though.
dillpickle
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 147
Joined: 7 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: josephlima64 and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact