Cabrera Pulled - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cabrera Pulled

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cabrera Pulled

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:10 pm

abrunn11 wrote:
dillpickle wrote:I for one am appreciate the fact that Cabrera is putting on some weight. Hasn't seemed to hinder him the last couple years in Florida. Then he slims up and completely sucks to start the year. His hitting has drastically improved this year as the season has gone on and the weight has come back to where it has been when he was hitting 330 plus, 35 HR, 120 RBI's in Florida.

Mar-April: .270/5HR/19RBI
May: .272/3HR/12RBI
June: .288/3HR/17RBI

How has his hitting drastically improved this year?

Meh you just sound like you don't like MCab and trying to find every excuse to knock him down. Some players take longer to adjust when changing leagues. I don't think a lot of people expected this type of down year from MCab but still, he's far from horrible.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:13 pm

abrunn11 wrote:
dillpickle wrote:I for one am appreciate the fact that Cabrera is putting on some weight. Hasn't seemed to hinder him the last couple years in Florida. Then he slims up and completely sucks to start the year. His hitting has drastically improved this year as the season has gone on and the weight has come back to where it has been when he was hitting 330 plus, 35 HR, 120 RBI's in Florida.

Don't forget that part where his SLG has been consistent (not improved), while he has walked less, struck out more, and watched his OPS decrease each month. He's getting more hits, but about the same number of XBH -- I don't know what the hell is going on with him, but why people keep saying he's improved over the first 3 months, I have no idea about.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby abrunn11 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:26 pm

Yoda wrote:
abrunn11 wrote:

Meh you just sound like you don't like MCab and trying to find every excuse to knock him down. Some players take longer to adjust when changing leagues. I don't think a lot of people expected this type of down year from MCab but still, he's far from horrible.

How is my asking someone why they think "His hitting has DRASTICALLY improved this year as the season has gone on" and providing imformation that shows that that statement is inaccurate "trying to find every excuse to knock him down"? When did I ever say he was horrible? Some players take longer to adjust to a new league and some don't, what is your point?
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:32 pm

Your initial post:
abrunn11 wrote:MCab was just pulled in the 2nd inning after three laclkluster plays in the field. Leyland was pissed and replaced him with Clete Thomas. Do not believe ANYTHING that says he was pulled because of injury, he was pulled for being fat and lazy.

What is being reported:
Rotoworld wrote:Miguel Cabrera left Monday's game with a strained hip flexor and is day-to-day.
Clete Thomas replaced him, with Marcus Thames moving from left field to first base. Cabrera could be back on Tuesday.

Call me crazy but you just come across as a fed up MCab owner.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby MTUCache » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:50 pm

Yoda wrote:Your initial post:
abrunn11 wrote:MCab was just pulled in the 2nd inning after three laclkluster plays in the field. Leyland was pissed and replaced him with Clete Thomas. Do not believe ANYTHING that says he was pulled because of injury, he was pulled for being fat and lazy.

What is being reported:
Rotoworld wrote:Miguel Cabrera left Monday's game with a strained hip flexor and is day-to-day.
Clete Thomas replaced him, with Marcus Thames moving from left field to first base. Cabrera could be back on Tuesday.

As a somewhat impartial witness (a Tigers fan, but non-MCab owner), I'll interject.... I didn't see the inning in which this took place (was putting the kid to bed), but caught most of the game (including Tiger's commentary).

I'm sorry. I know Leyland has seemed to be down on MCab this season, batting him in odd spots in the lineup, but there's just NO way that he's pulling his second-leading RBI guy (second only to an injured Maggs, who's already out of the lineup that day) because of a bungled defensive play, no matter how tight he thinks the game is going to be.

Sorry... I can understand being frustrated with him and really giving him the what-for in the dugout, but unless he's got a better option to put in his spot in the lineup (as well as at first), which Marcus Thames/Clete Thomas are not, he's not going to outright pull him.

I'm satisfied with the hip-flexor story for now. He's not expected to play tonight either, and I really fail to see how Leyland would sit the kid for essentially two games for making a fielding mistake.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby abrunn11 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:57 pm

MTUCache wrote:
Yoda wrote:Your initial post:

What is being reported:

As a somewhat impartial witness (a Tigers fan, but non-MCab owner), I'll interject.... I didn't see the inning in which this took place (was putting the kid to bed), but caught most of the game (including Tiger's commentary).

I'm sorry. I know Leyland has seemed to be down on MCab this season, batting him in odd spots in the lineup, but there's just NO way that he's pulling his second-leading RBI guy (second only to an injured Maggs, who's already out of the lineup that day) because of a bungled defensive play, no matter how tight he thinks the game is going to be.

Sorry... I can understand being frustrated with him and really giving him the what-for in the dugout, but unless he's got a better option to put in his spot in the lineup (as well as at first), which Marcus Thames/Clete Thomas are not, he's not going to outright pull him.

I'm satisfied with the hip-flexor story for now. He's not expected to play tonight either, and I really fail to see how Leyland would sit the kid for essentially two games for making a fielding mistake.

I guess you just had to see it. I watch the Twins telecast and Roy Smalley reported from field level that Leyland was swearing and yelling at Cabrera. Why would he be pissed off at him if he was hurt? It does not make any sense to me. MCab did not come into the dugout and tell Leyland, or a trainer, that he was hurt. Leyland came straight to MCab, yelling and spitting mad. Just telling you what I saw. The first thing that came to my mind when it happened was, what kind of injury are they going to come up with for this one? Low and behold he has a hip flexor. Like I asked before, how is your hip flexor ok to start the game but not ok after playing two innings at first base?
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:03 pm

abrunn11 wrote:I guess you just had to see it. I watch the Twins telecast and Roy Smalley reported from field level that Leyland was swearing and yelling at Cabrera. Why would he be pissed off at him if he was hurt? It does not make any sense to me. MCab did not come into the dugout and tell Leyland, or a trainer, that he was hurt. Leyland came straight to MCab, yelling and spitting mad. Just telling you what I saw. The first thing that came to my mind when it happened was, what kind of injury are they going to come up with for this one? Low and behold he has a hip flexor. Like I asked before, how is your hip flexor ok to start the game but not ok after playing two innings at first base?

You story still doesn't make sense. If Leyland was really pissed off due to his lackluster play then why aren't they reporting that MCab was benched for that reason? Why sugar coat it and say it was an injury? They are now talking about him possibly going on the DL. So unless you have a credible source to back up your claim, I don't believe it.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby abrunn11 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Yoda wrote:
abrunn11 wrote:I guess you just had to see it. I watch the Twins telecast and Roy Smalley reported from field level that Leyland was swearing and yelling at Cabrera. Why would he be pissed off at him if he was hurt? It does not make any sense to me. MCab did not come into the dugout and tell Leyland, or a trainer, that he was hurt. Leyland came straight to MCab, yelling and spitting mad. Just telling you what I saw. The first thing that came to my mind when it happened was, what kind of injury are they going to come up with for this one? Low and behold he has a hip flexor. Like I asked before, how is your hip flexor ok to start the game but not ok after playing two innings at first base?

You story still doesn't make sense. If Leyland was really pissed off due to his lackluster play then why aren't they reporting that MCab was benched for that reason? Why sugar coat it and say it was an injury? They are now talking about him possibly going on the DL. So unless you have a credible source to back up your claim, I don't believe it.

I saw it with my own two eyes. Believe what you want to believe, doesn't make any difference to me.
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:39 pm

abrunn11 wrote:
Yoda wrote:

I saw it with my own two eyes. Believe what you want to believe, doesn't make any difference to me.

I guess I just do not understand your point. :-S
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers