Cabrera Pulled - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cabrera Pulled

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cabrera Pulled

Postby abrunn11 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:56 pm

MCab was just pulled in the 2nd inning after three laclkluster plays in the field. Leyland was pissed and replaced him with Clete Thomas. Do not believe ANYTHING that says he was pulled because of injury, he was pulled for being fat and lazy.
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cabrera Pulled

Postby Philliebuster » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Miguel C. and Dontrelle W. are akin to warts on the ass of Giselle Bundchen.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dclark0699 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:19 pm

It says in the yahoo boxscore he has a hip flexor injury - but I'm assuming you're watching the game - and I'll certainly trust that he made some bad plays.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby abrunn11 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:34 pm

If by "hip flexor" they mean morbidly obese, then yes, he was pulled because of a hip flexor. He made a weak attempt at a poor throw from Polonco and the ball ended up in the dugout, then had a ball thrown by Guillen bounce out of his skillet. After the inning Leyland was shown spitting mad shouting at MFat then MCheeks being pulled. Obviously his "hip flexor" was good enough to start the game. I swear I saw them roll him out to first base on a dolly, ala Hannibal Lector, and prop him up there in the bottom of the first. But, I could be wrong.
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:40 pm

abrunn11 wrote:If by "hip flexor" they mean morbidly obese, then yes, he was pulled because of a hip flexor. He made a weak attempt at a poor throw from Polonco and the ball ended up in the dugout, then had a ball thrown by Guillen bounce out of his skillet. After the inning Leyland was shown spitting mad shouting at MFat then MCheeks being pulled. Obviously his "hip flexor" was good enough to start the game. I swear I saw them roll him out to first base on a dolly, ala Hannibal Lector, and prop him up there in the bottom of the first. But, I could be wrong.

%-6
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sid Bream's Slide » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:23 pm

abrunn11 wrote:If by "hip flexor" they mean morbidly obese, then yes, he was pulled because of a hip flexor. He made a weak attempt at a poor throw from Polonco and the ball ended up in the dugout, then had a ball thrown by Guillen bounce out of his skillet. After the inning Leyland was shown spitting mad shouting at MFat then MCheeks being pulled. Obviously his "hip flexor" was good enough to start the game. I swear I saw them roll him out to first base on a dolly, ala Hannibal Lector, and prop him up there in the bottom of the first. But, I could be wrong.

B-)
Sid Bream's Slide
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:38 pm

Maybe he can go on the DL too, and then I can have an excuse to bench all of my struggling POS "superstars" :-b

I just hope McLouth and Co. can continue to lead me to the promised land ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:13 am

abrunn11 wrote:MCab was just pulled in the 2nd inning after three laclkluster plays in the field. Leyland was pissed and replaced him with Clete Thomas. Do not believe ANYTHING that says he was pulled because of injury, he was pulled for being fat and lazy.

i suppose he was limping from being fat and lazy too :-t
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dillpickle » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:51 am

I for one am appreciate the fact that Cabrera is putting on some weight. Hasn't seemed to hinder him the last couple years in Florida. Then he slims up and completely sucks to start the year. His hitting has drastically improved this year as the season has gone on and the weight has come back to where it has been when he was hitting 330 plus, 35 HR, 120 RBI's in Florida.
dillpickle
College Coach
College Coach

Postby abrunn11 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:07 pm

dillpickle wrote:I for one am appreciate the fact that Cabrera is putting on some weight. Hasn't seemed to hinder him the last couple years in Florida. Then he slims up and completely sucks to start the year. His hitting has drastically improved this year as the season has gone on and the weight has come back to where it has been when he was hitting 330 plus, 35 HR, 120 RBI's in Florida.

Mar-April: .270/5HR/19RBI
May: .272/3HR/12RBI
June: .288/3HR/17RBI

How has his hitting drastically improved this year?
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers