Thoughts on Duschcherer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Thoughts on Duschcherer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on Duschcherer?

Postby skjelstrom » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:43 pm

I currently have him on my team and he has shown no signs of slowing down, but he kind of came outta nowhere. Do you guys think he will be able to keep up his #'s? Im sure he wont stay under 2 ERA and under 1 WHIP but do you think he will be an under 3 ERA pitcher that could turn out to be an ace?
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on Duschcherer?

Postby wildbill » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:24 pm

Well if you read ESPN's fantasy articles much or read their daily fantasy chats pretty much every one of their columnists think he's for real, in terms of being a really good quality starter. The catch is most of them also think he'll have stamina/injury problems later in the season like sometime in august. The reason being he's never been a picture of health, but (and I forget where I read this, probably ESPN) the A's thought he'd hold up better as a starter only pitching every 5th day, which is why they took him out of the bullpen. He was a starter before, but I forget if it was only in the minors or in the majors too. The problem is his innings this year are easily going to shoot way past what he's thrown the last couple years and that's where the ESPN columnists' concerns come in. Some think there's a chance he could be ok with the innings increase this year but suffer next year, but none said he would definitely be ok. In the end mostly they seem to say ride him while he's still pitching, because he could be hard to trade for good value in return. In other words they generally seem to think he'll be good as long as he's healthy. That's pretty much been the tone of what I've read on him on ESPN for more then a month now.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Thoughts on Duschcherer?

Postby skjelstrom » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:31 pm

Ya thats been my main concern is his health and stamina considering he just came from the bullpen and has a hard time staying healthy but I couldnt sell high in my league anyways they dont buy much unless its a big name player.
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates