Favorite Restaurant of all time - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Favorite Restaurant of all time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Favorite Restaurant of all time

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:47 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:Mine has to be Steak and Ale, in South Bend. The best Prime Rib ever, and I have been to many a steakhouses. Their salad bar is off the charts as well. It is expensive, but if you ever come in for an Irish game, you must go there. They do have a dress code, but it is well worth your time. And, they have beer there! ;-D

I dated a girl last fall who went to Notre Dame and we went out to eat at Steak and Ale. It was excellent. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRock » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:10 pm

I've been traveling a lot for work the past couple of years. Found some great places to eat. Some of the more memorable...

Jeffrey's Sport's Bar - Suwannee, GA. My favorite place to eat when I lived in ATL.
John's Prime Rib & Steak House - Saskatoon, SK
Casa Bonita - Denver, CO. Food's not great, but you owe it to yourself and your kids to go there for the atmosphere.
Best Japanese steakhouse I've ever been to was Gasho of Japan in Denver. Think they're closed now :(

And in first place...
Rose's - Grand Rapids, MI. Still the best place I've ever eaten.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby jfg » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:10 pm

We have a Pei Wei (PF Chang's faster service lower prices establishment) right next door to our apartment. ;-D

There's a Thai place called Sawatdee here in Mpls that I really like. When it comes to chains: Buca Di Beppo. I've never been to Benihana but I bet I'd like it.

Anything but Applebees.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:22 pm

TheRock wrote:I've been traveling a lot for work the past couple of years. Found some great places to eat. Some of the more memorable...

Jeffrey's Sport's Bar - Suwannee, GA. My favorite place to eat when I lived in ATL.
John's Prime Rib & Steak House - Saskatoon, SK
Casa Bonita - Denver, CO. Food's not great, but you owe it to yourself and your kids to go there for the atmosphere.
Best Japanese steakhouse I've ever been to was Gasho of Japan in Denver. Think they're closed now :(

And in first place...

Tell me some about Rose's. Me and the wife love to spend a 'date' night at places we've never been, but were told about. We're running out of restaurants and strip clubs. :-D
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby IllinoisBandit » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:55 pm

jfg wrote:We have a Pei Wei (PF Chang's faster service lower prices establishment) right next door to our apartment. ;-D

Nice, Pei Wei is awesome for the price.

Cozy Corner, Gus's Chicken - Memphis, TN
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Howie » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:14 pm

The best ribs ever are at Phil's BBQ down in San Diego. The sauce is unbeatable and the meat is dripping off the bones. Everyone in SD knows about Phil's. ;-D
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby TheRock » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:28 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:
TheRock wrote:And in first place...

Tell me some about Rose's. Me and the wife love to spend a 'date' night at places we've never been, but were told about. We're running out of restaurants and strip clubs. :-D

Rose's sits on a small lake somewhere in Grand Rapids. I had directions from a local native when I was there. Years ago (40's? 50's?) it was a lakeside snack shop and later a popcorn stand. So some interesting history. And a nice part of town, the view of the lake is best appreciated in the warmer months. The menu is Mediterranean inspired I guess you'd say. I've only been three times, and every time I just order whatever the special is that day and it's always been spectacular. They have root chips as an appetizer, I highly recommend them. ;-D But plan to wait a bit for a seat, it fills up every night.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:29 pm

Nothing beats KFC. :-L

We don't usually go to restaurants here, but when we go "home" to NZ my mum takes us to restaurants a lot. I'm not really a fan of them because there's not usually a lot on the menu I like, and most of them don't usually have Guinness for some reason :-t .

Also, every time I go I always always get my food literally 15 minutes after everyone else. Does anyone else have that problem/curse?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:43 pm

Wally's Drive-In in Breese IL. You get the cheeseburgers there and walk across the street to the Dairy King for the cherry Skis. :-L
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:48 am

DaShiz23 wrote:Mine has to be Steak and Ale, in South Bend. The best Prime Rib ever, and I have been to many a steakhouses. Their salad bar is off the charts as well. It is expensive, but if you ever come in for an Irish game, you must go there. They do have a dress code, but it is well worth your time. And, they have beer there! ;-D

I went to Notre Dame for a couple of years. One thing I didn't like about South Bend was their lack of cool restaurants. Chains for miles and miles. That said, I never went to Steak and Ale :-o

Anyway, if anyone's ever in the Naperville, IL area, Timpano's in downtown is the best. Expensive-ish at night ($100 for two people), but if you go during the day it has a similar menu and you can eat for $40 for two (w/o drinks). Fantastic food. Italian. You can probably cut through the chicken Parmesan with a dull spoon :-L

La Dulce Vita in downtown Lemont, IL is also very very good.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk