Favorite Restaurant of all time - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Favorite Restaurant of all time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Favorite Restaurant of all time

Postby NorthSider2 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:46 pm

What is everyone's favorite restaurant?

I personally like Hickory House Ribs out in Colorado. Best ribs I have ever had.
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Favorite Restaurant of all time

Postby Tavish » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:47 pm

Arthur Bryant's (although it is slightly over-rated) and The Golden Ox.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:19 pm

Mac Donald's
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:26 pm

Anywhere that serves beer. ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:51 pm

Not much selection where I live so I'll have to go with Ponderosa, its a middle class steakhouse and I also love Padrones. Small italian eatery omg the breadsticks are so good. :-L ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:04 pm

My wife and I every year go to a resort called Queen's Landing just for the restaurant. Their seared foie gras is amazing.

There's also also a Toronto restaurant called North 44 that's good. There was a famous chef Susur Lee who had a restaurant in Toronto called Susur but it just closed down and he's moved it to NY this year :-C
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:11 pm

without giving too much thought and keeping it to chain restaraunts and not some local restaraunt no one's ever heard of i'd have to say Ruth's Chris...or maybe Benihana :-L
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:14 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:without giving too much thought and keeping it to chain restaraunts and not some local restaraunt no one's ever heard of i'd have to say Ruth's Chris...or maybe Benihana :-L

Ruth's is a ripoff IMO. I've had way better steak at much cheaper places. For the money you spend, they are not worth it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:24 pm

My two answers are

None of the Above

and

Any Restaurant So I Don't Have to Cook

I cook a LOT, and I don't usually cook small meals because I expect good food, so it's a main dish and a sauce and a side dish and a spice combo and bread and blah blah blah blah BLAH. I like cooking, but there are times when I'd just rather have a $5 sandwich than cook steak and shrimp, you know? But every time I go out, when I get that bill for $50 or whatever, I just think, "Man, I could have made this at home for less than half this!" and it sucks.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:41 pm

I don't have an all-time favorite restaurant simply because I'd list a ton. Right now, I'm really fancying French food and Cafe des Artistes in Hollywood is one of the better ones. Sometimes you'll find a celebrity here and there. One day, I spotted Denzel Washington while I had lunch there with a friend. I like the atmosphere there, especially the outdoor patio which is a bit hard to describe because it feels like a secluded French villa with a tropical greenhouse ambience about it. The food is wonderful. Authentic French, but with a Spanish/Moroccan twist. A bit pricey ($25 per plate roughly with entrees), but I don't find it outrageous although the only thing that's pricier than what I'd like is the beer. They have a massive wine list and so, this is more like a place you'd go for fine cuisine/fine wine and bring your honey along.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Next

Return to General Talk