Best candidates for big 2nd halves (or awful 2nd halvesl)? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best candidates for big 2nd halves (or awful 2nd halvesl)?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Best candidates for big 2nd halves (or awful 2nd halvesl)?

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:34 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Anyone think Kershaw is going to have a great second half because he has been in the bigs for a little bit? :-?

What about Cueto? :-?

I think Kershaw is definitely a candidate to settle in and have a strong 2nd half performance along with teammate Billingsley.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ataraxia » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:41 pm

I had forgotten, but Dustin McGowan also.
Absolute thanks to soty for the sig.
ataraxia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cobra_Kai » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:50 pm

Yoda wrote:
lol you are a typical Yankees basher who has no idea what he is talking about. maybe you'll learn something.

And you're a typical Yankees fan who thinks the sun rises and sets in the Bronx. This isn't 2000, and the Yanks aren't the ruling dynasty they once were. This Yankees team is getting old and brittle, and regardless if they problems are due to injury or not, the problems are still there. I'm not "bashing" the Yankees, because, as I stated earlier, I couldn't care less about them - I'm neutral the whole way. As a non-participant, outside observer, they just aren't that great anymore. I'd put them in the same category this year as Texas or Milwaukee - and maybe even a little below the Brewers at that.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:55 pm

Cobra_Kai wrote:
Yoda wrote:
lol you are a typical Yankees basher who has no idea what he is talking about. maybe you'll learn something.

And you're a typical Yankees fan who thinks the sun rises and sets in the Bronx. This isn't 2000, and the Yanks aren't the ruling dynasty they once were. This Yankees team is getting old and brittle, and regardless if they problems are due to injury or not, the problems are still there. I'm not "bashing" the Yankees, because, as I stated earlier, I couldn't care less about them - I'm neutral the whole way. As a non-participant, outside observer, they just aren't that great anymore. I'd put them in the same category this year as Texas or Milwaukee - and maybe even a little below the Brewers at that.

Blah blah blah. They are in a far better position this year than they were in 07. You can count them out but they will be right in there.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:56 pm

ataraxia wrote:I had forgotten, but Dustin McGowan also.

I like McGowan to have a solid 2nd half, but aside from the command issues, his FB rate has also increased from last season if I recall correctly.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:03 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Anyone think Kershaw is going to have a great second half because he has been in the bigs for a little bit? :-?

What about Cueto? :-?

Of course it depends on if/when Kershaw is called back up. As anticipated, his command has been a bit off, but it's nothing really glaring especially considering that he's only 20, has good control for his age, and is still mastering his pitches. I'm not expecting a huge 2nd half out of him, but the second time around I'd think he'd make some good strides.

I think we're starting to see the beginning of a Cueto surge. He's still living and dying by the fastball, but the encouraging thing is he's getting a few more grounders albeit his K rate being OK. I bought low on Cueto about a month ago (when Chris Perez was called up) for the possibility of a push. Cueto still has good movement on his pitches that can keep hitters honest.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby smoovethug » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:13 am

Noone buying in on big(ger) 2nd halves for Rickie Weeks or Delmon Young?

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:43 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
ataraxia wrote:I had forgotten, but Dustin McGowan also.

I like McGowan to have a solid 2nd half, but aside from the command issues, his FB rate has also increased from last season if I recall correctly.

i'm getting extremely frusturated with him
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:34 am

smoovethug wrote:Noone buying in on big(ger) 2nd halves for Rickie Weeks or Delmon Young?

Nice call. Rickie really helped me a ton down the stretch last year. And it's not like the AVG can get much worse, right?
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:03 pm

Not to mention Delmon is hitting somewhere in the neighborhood of .385 his last ten games. He's too talented to continue to play the way he has this year.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers