Bad Experience with Commish, Get My Money Back? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Bad Experience with Commish, Get My Money Back?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bad Experience with Commish, Get My Money Back?

Postby Kingsac » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:14 pm

Hi,

Here is a my experience with a bad commish, hopefully some of you who are also commish's can learn from my terrible experience. Please let me know if I deserve my money back.

I was locked out of a league last month, the note said "the league wasn't right for me", though I have strong feelings that I was locked out for not trading with the commish.

the commish, and would constantly sent me trades for players that were lopsided, or of no interest to me. When I would decline he would call me a moron through league wide notes.

After being ejected I was told through current players in the league that he took over my team and made trades to his own, just further cementing the fact that this was the true reason for ejection.

My question is, should I receive a refund considering the nature of my ejection from the league?

I belive I should, or at the very least a pro-rated amount for the 1.5 months I was in the league.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Kingsac on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bad Experience with Commish, Get My Money Back?

Postby Matthias » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:54 pm

You should get 100% of your money back.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tah161 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:11 pm

You should not only get your money back, but the money of the so called commish back.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:32 pm

Kingsac wrote:Hi,

Here is a my experience with a bad commish, hopefully some of you who are also commish's can learn from my terrible experience. Please let me know if I deserve my money back.

I was locked out of a league last month, the note said "the league wasn't right for me", though I have strong feelings that I was locked out for not trading with the commish.

Josh Woods was the commish, and would constantly sent me trades for players that were lopsided, or of no interest to me. When I would decline he would call me a moron through league wide notes.

After being ejected I was told through current players in the league that he took over my team and made trades to his own, just further cementing the fact that this was the true reason for ejection.

My question is, should I receive a refund considering the nature of my ejection from the league?

I belive I should, or at the very least a pro-rated amount for the 1.5 months I was in the league.

Thanks for reading.

Im a little confused. Do you know the people in the league?
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Kingsac » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:02 pm

I'd never met the members personally.
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby noseeum » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:35 pm

I don't know why you mentioned his name. Should we know him or something?

But if your story is true, this guy stole your money. He setup a league, took your money, and when you wouldn't let him rip you off, he kicked you out with no refund? Yes, you deserve all your money back.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:42 pm

Kingsac wrote:I'd never met the members personally.

Well, thats problem #1. I dont understand why you would do a pay league with strangers. While I would send him an email asking for money back, there really is little recourse here.

(Also, edit your post and take out his name, thats probably a bad idea)
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mkultra » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Do you deserve your money back? Absolutely.

Will you actually get it back? Probably not.

Is this a keeper league? What were some of the lopsided trades? Were there any weird stat rules you were possibly not considering? Just playing devil's advocate...
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Matthias » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:09 pm

mkultra wrote:Is this a keeper league? What were some of the lopsided trades? Were there any weird stat rules you were possibly not considering? Just playing devil's advocate...

None of these questions really matter. Any owner has the right to refuse trades without getting thrown out.

As far as putting the guy's name in the OP's post, I think that's legit. The guy is a douche and other people should know it.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mkultra » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Matthias wrote:
mkultra wrote:Is this a keeper league? What were some of the lopsided trades? Were there any weird stat rules you were possibly not considering? Just playing devil's advocate...

None of these questions really matter. Any owner has the right to refuse trades without getting thrown out.

Oh, I totally agree. Let me clarify- I'm just trying to understand where the manager might be coming from. I wouldn't be surprised to see this kind of shenanigans from a commish in a public league, but it seems pretty beyond the pale for someone in a money league to rig the system for no reason other than to help himself. What are the other players saying about this?
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner