Uggla? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Uggla?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Uggla?

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:11 pm

Not a single thread on him. What?

Sprained his ankle last night and left the game. Anyone have any insight on the severity of the injury?
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Uggla?

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:42 pm

NM

Yahoo is reporting it's not serious and Uggla said he'll be out only a few days..
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby superjags99 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:44 pm

Rotowire on June 29:
Manager Fredi Gonzalez said Uggla (sprained ankle) may be out until Thursday, the Marlins' official site reports.

Spin: X-rays have come back negative, but the ankle is still really swollen. Robert Andino and Alfredo Amezaga should fill in for Uggla while he is out.
superjags99
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby poo holes » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:06 pm

Any word when Uggla may return to the starting lineup?
poo holes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GameBlouses » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:24 pm

Probably not until after the All star break. I read somewhere that he'll be used as a pitch-hitter prior to the all star game.

SPeaking of all star game, are any Uggla owners out there furious he's being allowed to participate in the hme run derby?! Why would the owners/managers of the Marlins allow one of their best players to play in the derby while nursing a sprained ankle?! Almost as stupid of a decision as the Colorado manager made to leave Tulo in his last game before injury earlier this year. I remember watching that game screaming to pull him, but they left him in, and an inning later lost him for two months. I swear I can run some these teams better than these defunked owners

/rant
GameBlouses
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby poo holes » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:47 pm

GameBlouses wrote:Probably not until after the All star break. I read somewhere that he'll be used as a pitch-hitter prior to the all star game.

SPeaking of all star game, are any Uggla owners out there furious he's being allowed to participate in the hme run derby?! Why would the owners/managers of the Marlins allow one of their best players to play in the derby while nursing a sprained ankle?! Almost as stupid of a decision as the Colorado manager made to leave Tulo in his last game before injury earlier this year. I remember watching that game screaming to pull him, but they left him in, and an inning later lost him for two months. I swear I can run some these teams better than these defunked owners

/rant

Do you recall where you read this? I have been scouring the internet for info and this is the first I hear of him returning after the AS break. Although, it would not surprise me. Shame on me for starting him this week!! :-C
poo holes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TomBrooklyn » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:55 am

Uggla (ankle) isn't expected to start until this weekend's series with the Dodgers, but he is scheduled to increase his baseball activities on Tuesday, reports the Sun-Sentinel. "It feels really good," Uggla said. "I already know I can hit full speed."
TomBrooklyn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TomBrooklyn » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:35 pm

So, do you think he's good to start now, or would you rather let him play a couple of games first to knock the rust off? He was something like 0/3 last night in his first game back.
TomBrooklyn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates