Morrow = Joba - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Morrow = Joba

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Morrow = Joba

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:36 pm

What do people expect of him for the rest of the season? Trying to figure out if I should hold on :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Field » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:20 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:What do people expect of him for the rest of the season? Trying to figure out if I should hold on :-?

I would say this is a tough call right now. I am considering dropping Morrow for Gio at the moment. You would expect it to be 3 weeks at the earliest for Morrow to get back. If he struggles at all getting his stamina up, he might not even be brought back that quickly or he might only be a 5 inning pitcher like Parra was earlier in the year. This is a tough call indeed.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:23 pm

Field wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:What do people expect of him for the rest of the season? Trying to figure out if I should hold on :-?

I would say this is a tough call right now. I am considering dropping Morrow for Gio at the moment. You would expect it to be 3 weeks at the earliest for Morrow to get back. If he struggles at all getting his stamina up, he might not even be brought back that quickly or he might only be a 5 inning pitcher like Parra was earlier in the year. This is a tough call indeed.

Morrow for Gio is the exact move that I made when I found out he was getting sent down.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nerfherders » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:56 pm

In the two leagues I have him, it pretty much killed him (and me). One league has a restrictive innings cap so I don't think I could take on another SP when I have CC, Shields, Lester, Meche, and Cook going well. The other is a H2H points league and by the time he comes back it will be the playoffs and I will be out of it.

I dont think I have ever heard of a player having a successful stint as a closer and then being demoted. I understand the reason for it, but it is just strange.
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Grouperman941 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:50 am

Looks like Morrow is starting Friday vs NYY.

Hope he looks good. I can use the help in my playoffs, and in my roto keeper. ;-D

He gets the Angels next week, I think.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby mkultra » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Morrow's currently listed as RP on SportsLine- will he have to run the typical "start 5 games for elibility" gauntlet (basically meaning he won't be SP eligible AT ALL this year), or is there some special override for callups?
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Grouperman941 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:11 pm

mkultra wrote:Morrow's currently listed as RP on SportsLine- will he have to run the typical "start 5 games for elibility" gauntlet (basically meaning he won't be SP eligible AT ALL this year), or is there some special override for callups?

Pretty sure he'll only be RP (or P).

If SP becomes his 'primary position' they will give him the eligibility, but I don't know how that is determined.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Gwyddbwyll » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:35 am

Yankees have been pretty hot. A-Rod is scorching (and on my playoff's opposition team too). Luckily I've had Damon and Jeter to counteract them.

I'd love to start Morrow and get a fantastic innings since my opposition is posting an insane ERA and Whip with shutouts from Masterton and CLee but everything sensible is telling me to bench him. If he does well Morrow's real value will come after this start with some easier opposition.
Gwyddbwyll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:05 pm

Funny how Morrow is now starting and Joba is back in the bullpen. :-?
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby Grouperman941 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:20 pm

Gwyddbwyll wrote:If he does well Morrow's real value will come after this start with some easier opposition.

Looks like he gets the Angels next week -- not exactly soft, but if he is solid vs NYY, I am running him out there in my playoff if I need the start. The following week, he gets KC and OAK. ;-D
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers