Hafner update - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Hafner update

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hafner update

Postby TheGinner » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:47 am

Why would you flat out drop him?

I know there are the nay-sayers out there that say Hafner is done, but for how long?

I just picked him up as a FA in my main league, and to be honest, if he's not back for 5-6 weeks.... thats fine with me. When do fantasy owners need him most? The long stretch into the playoffs.

No one wants him...

If he doesnt come back, why worry? I'm hanging on to the glimmering hope that a 2nd round pick for the past 3 years can carry a team into, and through the playoffs in the final weeks. He's only 31, which isn't young by any means, but DEFINATELY not washed up.

Seeing Dr. James Death Andrews is more of a death wish for a pitcher than a batter anyways.

So for those that say Hafner is done, and those who drafted high and are flat out dropping him: It's my only shot at saying, "Told you not to drop him..."

If he bombs the rest of the season on your DL slot or bench, so be it.... It's Hafner, and he deserves a little respect especially because he has not been ruled out for the season yet.

Hell, I spent my #1 WW on Scherzer, and look where that has gotten me... Anything can happen in Fantasy Baseball, even a "miraculous" Hafner comeback.

From Rotowire:
Jun 27 Hafner (shoulder) continues to make steady progress but still isn't ready to swing a bat yet, the team's official site reports.
Recommendation: The strength in his right shoulder has improved by 15 percent from two weeks ago but it's still only half as strong as his left shoulder so it's going to be awhile longer for Hafner.
TheGinner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hafner update

Postby jerrydigital » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:37 pm

i totally agree with your post, when hafner gets back, the indians will be so far out of contention that he won't feel any pressure like he did at the beginning of the year when everyone thought they would win it all. i'm sticking with hafner as well. i just hope he comes back before fantays playoffs because i need tons of help just to get in the playoffs.
jerrydigital
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kevinss2001 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:49 pm

i really do not agree with your post-i drafted him this year and last year and he has sucked

they will not rush him back and with them not being anywhere near playoff contention they will not bring him back to early

just my opinion-i dropped him and nobody has picked him up

i am watching him because a week or so before he comes back I will pick him up, but i will not hold him for a month or two-i would rather take andruw jones-who i picked up a few days ago
kevinss2001
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jerrydigital » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:34 pm

quick update on hafner's condition...i saw him out at the bar a few night ago and he was doing quite of few reps of 32 ounce curls and i didn't see any signs of pain. i'm sure he'll be working out again pretty hard this weekend and should be ready to go shortly after the all-star break. pick him up, he's a stud.
jerrydigital
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:51 pm

jerrydigital wrote:quick update on hafner's condition...i saw him out at the bar a few night ago and he was doing quite of few reps of 32 ounce curls and i didn't see any signs of pain. i'm sure he'll be working out again pretty hard this weekend and should be ready to go shortly after the all-star break. pick him up, he's a stud.

Lol, you're going to have to provide a story with that. What bar were you in that you saw Pronk doing 32 oz. curls?
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby damnitman » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:06 pm

This is good news Hafner is curling 32o z. Maybe he will hit the ball even harder into the ground when he comes back. 1B and 2B men beware.
damnitman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kevinss2001 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:53 pm

damnitman wrote:This is good news Hafner is curling 32o z. Maybe he will hit the ball even harder into the ground when he comes back. 1B and 2B men beware.

can't agree with you more
kevinss2001
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:56 am

32 oz. is two pounds.....anyone could curl that into tomorrow if they wanted. Unless "reps" and "curls" is slang for knocking 'em back, in which case doing 32 oz. reps at a bar would be perfectly normal, especially for a guy his size! :-D

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby dracovonborax » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:52 pm

ole Pronk is in the lineup playing DH and batting 5th. here's to hopeing he plays well for his sake. says he'll be playing every other day and then some in a row so if you still own him,as i do, you'll have to keep up with the daily lineup changes..those in weekly lineups probably shouldn't bother.
dracovonborax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:48 am

I just picked him up as a bench spot and hopefully he steps up :-°

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)