Izzy possibly headed back to DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Izzy possibly headed back to DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Izzy possibly headed back to DL

Postby wildbill » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:40 am

From Yahoo:
Jun 27 Isrinhausen was not available to pitch Friday night after feeling a pop in his knee while stretching Thursday, the Associated Press reports.

Recommendation: The St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Isringhausen could be moved to the disabled list as early as Saturday. "There’s clearly some reason for concern at this point," general manager John Mozeliak said. "It’s frustrating, that’s for sure. It was nice to see the success he was starting to have, and I’m very hopeful that this isn’t a serious injury." This is a tough break for Isringhausen, who had looked good in limited action since coming off the DL, but great news for Ryan Franklin owners.

Also from Yahoo:
Jun 27 Matthew Leach, of MLB.com, reports St. Louis Cardinals RP Jason Isringhausen (knee) is dealing with a right knee problem and could be headed to the disabled list this weekend. He felt something pop in his knee Thursday, June 26, and said it is a strained ligament, a strained capsule and a strained tendon. Isringhausen underwent an MRI Friday, June 27, but the team will wait for team physician, Dr. George Paletta, to review the results before they decide on a roster move.

And from Rotoworld:
Jun. 27 - 6:52 pm et
Jason Isringhausen had an MRI on his knee on Friday and could land on the disabled list.
Now we know why he was visited by the trainer during his 2 1/3-inning appearance on Thursday. Isringhausen said he was told he has a strained ligament, a strained tendon and a strain of the knee capsule. That's likely to shut him down through the All-Star break.

Looks like LaRussa's plan to get Izzy back on the DL by having him pitch multiple inning a game a couple times since coming off the DL worked perfectly. I guess Dusty Baker isn't the only one to overuse his pitchers.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Izzy possibly headed back to DL

Postby TheGinner » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:59 am

Dont even go blaming LaRussa.

As a Cards fan, I can tell you that Izzy is a poontang, and that I was getting Busch stadium sections clapping and cheering "LETS TRADE IZZY!" 3 years ago, until this day.

We are sick of it in STL and hope we can just get rid of the drama queen for good.

BAH HUMBUG
TheGinner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby DaShiz23 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:23 am

can I finally dump him and keep frankiln? it is getting annoying keeping both of them right now!
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:46 am

TheGinner wrote:We are sick of it in STL and hope we can just get rid of the drama queen for good.

Speak for yourself. I personally think Izzy has gotten a bad deal in STL.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby wildbill » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:10 pm

TheGinner wrote:Dont even go blaming LaRussa.

Apparently Rotoworld agrees with me. Here's what they had to say:
Jason Isringhausen had an MRI on his knee on Friday, the day after the very odd decision to ride him and his dubious health for 2 1/3-innings. If you own Izzy, blame Duncan and LaRussa.

Full article: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/featur ... leid=30630
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:43 pm

Oh well, he's served me well since I picked him up a couple weeks ago. 8.2 IP with only 1 ER.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:23 pm

From Rotoworld:
Jun. 28 - 8:09 pm et
Team doctor George Paletta told Jason Isringhausen late Friday night that his right knee strain will not require a stint on the DL.

"[Paletta] said there was a very minute chance that I would hurt it more," Isringhausen said. "So I'll just put a brace on it and take some Tylenol." Izzy will take a few more days off to rest but should be active in the bullpen by the middle of next week.

:-°
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Homoudont » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:51 am

Uhh who really cares abou Izzy.. he's nothing more then a adequate middle reliever. There's probably better options on the waiver wire then average at best middle reliever.
Homoudont
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sooner711 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:47 pm

Homoudont wrote:Uhh who really cares abou Izzy.. he's nothing more then a adequate middle reliever. There's probably better options on the waiver wire then average at best middle reliever.

Maybe because he'll be taking back the closer's role as soon as he's healthy? :-?
sooner711
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wildbill » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:44 pm

sooner711 wrote:
Homoudont wrote:Uhh who really cares abou Izzy.. he's nothing more then a adequate middle reliever. There's probably better options on the waiver wire then average at best middle reliever.

Maybe because he'll be taking back the closer's role as soon as he's healthy? :-?

You can ignore Homoudont, he's just a troll, don't feed him, he'll just come back for more. He's also a Ryan Franklin owner who doesn't want to hear about Izzy getting his job back. He's only leading the league because most everyone else sucks and I drafted all the year's biggest bust SPs.

BTW as a Franklin owner he'll probably be happy to know LaRussa really is trying to kill Izzy by making him pitch today already. I guess LaRussa won't give up until Izzy is in a wheelchair.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates