Blah Blah Blog (Game) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Blah Blah Blog (Game)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Blah Blah Blog (Game)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:38 am

Not a bad guess but the right answer is still there.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yanks_Baby » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:40 am

CJ Wilson?
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:28 pm

;-D It is CJ Wilson
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:42 pm

Here is another baseball player blog:

I want to apologize for not mentioning this earlier, but a belated congrats is owed to the Stanley Cup champs, the Detroit Red Wings. The city really enjoyed their run and the celebration. We've seen a lot of Red Wings shirts and jerseys at our baseball games, both at home and on the road. It really shows how much pride this city has for all its teams.

This Sunday, of course, is Father's Day, and unfortunately my dad won't be in Detroit for it -- but it's cool. He is a player/coach of his 16-inch softball team, and his team needs him. Our relationship is and has been pretty much like that even when I was little, and I think part of it has rubbed off on me. For example, if he had a prior commitment, unless something major came up, he stuck to his commitments. There would be times when I had a game and he also was playing or coaching and, of course, couldn't be at both places at the same time. But I understood that, and at the end of the day I would tell him how our game went and ask how his games went. That's how our relationship was, and I enjoyed it. I never felt pressure from my dad to keep working and trying to be the best. I knew my dad was happy as long as I stuck with what I started and played my hardest.

Who is this current MLB player?
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:47 pm

Definitely a Detroit Tiger, and my guess would be a field player, and a younger one. One of the young OF like Granderson, Rayburn, Joyce, or Thomas. Probably Granderson, as I imagine he's the only one who would have a blog that people actually read.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby rookies and cream » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Strange, that you post the one MLB blog entry that I've read all year. That's from Grandy's ESPN blog ;-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:15 pm

:-b Trying to put a tough one out there, but you guys are good. ;-D I'll try again:

This blog was submitted five days ago by a current MLB player:

First of all, this ballpark is awesome...I enjoyed coming into the ballpark on the team bus today and seeing the monuments on our way in and then getting to the beautiful new Nationals Ballpark. The clubhouse here has all the bells and whistles from flat screens all over to a full kitchen. It is top of the line for sure. I also like the ballpark because it is pitcher-friendly and plays to the pitcher's advantage. About tonight's game, I almost ruined it for us with the dumb throw I made to allow the go-ahead run to score in the 7th inning. But you know what, just like always, our guys got my back and made up for it by responding with two runs in the 8th. These guys picked me up big time tonight.

Who is this current MLB player?
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:06 pm

John Lannan?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Yanks_Baby » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:08 pm

Lackey?
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:58 pm

Lackey was the author of the last blog.

Here is another one:

I am set to have what could be extensive and potentially career ending shoulder surgery on Monday. The result of that surgery could be waking up and being told “It’s been a nice run big man, but you’re done” or “It wasn’t THAT bad, but it’s going to take serious time and effort to ever pitch again”.

The first one was what made this decision much easier because if I do not have surgery my career is over today, right now. That’s probably the case anyway, but I’d rather find out and know, than I would ponder. Even if the 2nd option happens it’s not clear cut.

In 22 years I would say I had the honor of playing with some of the greatest of all time, and at most 3-4 really bad people, that’s not a bad thing.

Once this all clears up I’ll check back in to let everyone know that cares to know, how Monday went and what the prognosis and decisions are going forward, here.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk