Blah Blah Blog (Game) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Blah Blah Blog (Game)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Blah Blah Blog (Game)

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:17 pm

Blah Blah Blog

Originally from the Adam Carolla Show on the radio, I thought this could be an interesting game. Basically you post a short excerpt from a celebrity's blog and others try to guess who it is. Give a small list of potential people it may be to make it a bit easier. And its no fun if you cheat. To start off:

This is my original post on the NBA and the Olympics. One thing I will add to it is for each and every blogger who so desires to undertake a simple test. On your blog, add a picture of the Olympics 5 Rings and a picture of your favorite player in their Olympic uniform. Underneath the pictures, add the caption, "My Official Olympics Update" and then chronicle that player in the Olympics with pictures from the official Olympics website. Show your patriotism and pride... that is until the you get a takedown letter or a Cease and Desist ordering you to take it down.

Thats how much about country and pride the Olympics is these days....

A 2nd item to generate some thought is the concept of players and coaches "And 1ing" their nationalities in order to be able to participate or to better market themselves. Whats "And 1ing" ? Being born and/or raised in one country but leveraging a ancestral link to another country where your odds are better to make the team. So for instance, your great, great grandfather was born in Upper Slobobia. in order to play on the Upper Slobobian basketball or handball team, you get a passport from there. Thats "And 1ing". Adding a nationality so that you can play on their team.

Is it:

A. Phil Jackson?
B. Coach K?
C. Bryan Colangelo?
D. Mark Cuban?
E. Steve Nash?

If whoever guess it right wishes to continue to game, by all means go for it. ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Blah Blah Blog (Game)

Postby fezzik » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:04 am

It sounds like a very opinionated guy trying to sound cool/hip (and 1ing?)...definitely republican with the political sarcasm...I'll go with Mark Cuban.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Very good. You are correct. ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:16 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Very good. You are correct. ;-D

Boo, I didn't even get to guess...More blogs!
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:13 pm

Alright, I'll give another one. From now on, anyone feel free to post one and let others guess (even if you did not guess the previous one correctly).

Friends,

I don't get to vote for President this primary season. I live in Michigan. The party leaders (both here and in D.C.) couldn't get their act together, and thus our votes will not be counted.

So, if you live in Pennsylvania, can you do me a favor? Will you please cast my vote -- and yours -- on Tuesday for Senator Barack Obama?

I haven't spoken publicly 'til now as to who I would vote for, primarily for two reasons: 1) Who cares?; and 2) I (and most people I know) don't [care - previous words taken out due to language] whose name is on the ballot in November, as long as there's a picture of JFK and FDR riding a donkey at the top of the ballot, and the word "Democratic" next to the candidate's name.

Seriously, I know so many people who don't care if the name under the Big "D" is Dancer, Prancer, Clinton or Blitzen. It can be Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Barry Obama or the Dalai Lama.

Is it:

A. Al Roker
B. Michael Moore
C. Curt Schilling
D. Brad Pitt
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigken117 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:31 pm

that fat slob...

well i guess that doesn't narrow it down,

not roker....not schilling...

Moore

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:25 am

;-D Right again.

Here is a baseball-themed one. Should be a bit tougher.

Nothing against waffle house, but after a few years in the minors, you get sick of those type of places...

So back to present day, and it's 78* in KC. Great day for a walk, but after missing breakfast by six minutes at a local place across from the hotel -"we stopped serving breakfast at 1030"- I decide to go for plan B.

find a coffee shop, get a fruit smoothie, and walk in circles until I can get a Sunrise Quesadilla from Cheesecake Factory, which didn't open until 11am...

best investment I've made this season- buying an Optoma portable video projector... so many hotels now have the XBOX/PS3 connection stuff blocked that it's easier to lug a 5lb projector around for our Halo games...coupled with a small iPod speaker dock, we get some intense battles and irritate the neighboring rooms quite well.

23 Minutes- that's the time I can go from empty bags and not being packed at all to being out the door, dressed in my travel suit, and lugging my bags to my car. I'd like to get it down to 20 minutes flat eventually. The real key is that I set all my shirts down on the bed, lay them flat, then roll them up. this way they never get wrinkled or creased. Folding is a total waste of time and for you frequent travelers, you might want to rethink it!

Is it:

A. Pat Neshek
B. Kevin Youkilis
C. Joe Crede
D. Mike Aviles
E. Curt Schilling
F. CJ Wilson
G. Carlos Gomez
H. Grady Sizemore
I. CC Sabathia
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:28 am

So many choices...hmm figure it's probably a young player and most likely AL. I'll go with Grady.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:32 am

Nope. Good guess though. ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero