Jay Bruce... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jay Bruce...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jay Bruce...

Postby greenjd » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:52 pm

Rollotommasi wrote:
yanks924 wrote:for all you guys that dropped bruce, hope you enjoyed his 2 homeruns on another team or on the waiver wire ;-D

how about tonight's 0/3 with 2 Ks.....hope you enjoyed that

;-D

:-D ;-D I was going to say exactly that, but held off. LMAO.
greenjd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jwbseven » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:37 am

greenjd wrote:
Rollotommasi wrote:
yanks924 wrote:for all you guys that dropped bruce, hope you enjoyed his 2 homeruns on another team or on the waiver wire ;-D

how about tonight's 0/3 with 2 Ks.....hope you enjoyed that

;-D

:-D ;-D I was going to say exactly that, but held off. LMAO.

Not only that, bros - but you HAVE TO LOVE people who hold out hope on athletes that are stinking up the joint, then one big play and its, "NOW WHAT!!! TOLD YOU!!! WHAT UP!!!!!! Then, of course, the athlete goes back to sucking the next batch of games...

Watch and see how many home runs are hit by players sitting on the waiver wire - A LOT. There is a reason there 's a reason they are there.

Hilarious.
jwbseven
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby greenjd » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:50 pm

The jury is still out on Bruce, but talking smack after only one good performance in several weeks is ridiculous. :-B
greenjd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dorje3 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:57 pm

While I agree it is ridiculous to post a "Told ya so" comment after one good game, it is equally ludicrous that the lot of you have already dismissed his value 130 ABs into his major league career. His overall numbers are, in fact, solid so I'm not processing the criticism here.

If you have room, you really should keep him and bench until he adjusts (or doesn't). If you've dropped him, I would be wary to post "I told ya so" rebuttals to other "I told you so!" comments.
Way to early to tell here.
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby greenjd » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:45 pm

dorje3 wrote:While I agree it is ridiculous to post a "Told ya so" comment after one good game, it is equally ludicrous that the lot of you have already dismissed his value 130 ABs into his major league career. His overall numbers are, in fact, solid so I'm not processing the criticism here.

If you have room, you really should keep him and bench until he adjusts (or doesn't). If you've dropped him, I would be wary to post "I told ya so" rebuttals to other "I told you so!" comments.

Totally agree. He is sitting on my bench as I type. I think he will be good. Question is when? Sooner or later?
greenjd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rollotommasi » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:49 pm

dorje3 wrote:While I agree it is ridiculous to post a "Told ya so" comment after one good game, it is equally ludicrous that the lot of you have already dismissed his value 130 ABs into his major league career. His overall numbers are, in fact, solid so I'm not processing the criticism here.

overall solid ??

he played 37 games and he's batting 0.209 in the last.........30
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Box » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:42 am

He's not playing any worse than my current masters of suck, Beltran and Jose Guillen, so he's still active on my roster for now. I'll take the bumps. And FWIW, I think he gets on track (~.270, 15+HR, numerous Ks) after the break.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby B-Chad » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:50 am

To all those dismissing Jay Bruce already, you might want to keep tabs on him. He appears to be cutting down on his K's a bit and putting the ball in play (5 K's in his last 24 AB's... not great... but an improvement). Also take a peak at his splits, he has raked against righties (.302/.352/.542 17 runs, 6 HR, 15 RBI's and a respectable 8:22 BB:K ratio), and struggled big time against lefties (.213/.321/.255 5 runs, 0 HR, 4 RBI and 7:16 BB:K in 47 AB's). He also is a better then .300 hitter at home. Just signs he might be able to put it together. In shallow leagues that probably isn't good enough, but in deeper leagues it might mean he's worst rostering on the bench, and spot starting at home against righties. Also, if he rights the ship even a little bit on the road and against lefties he could be a very useful player in the second half, and likely better then the waiver fodder floating around right now. Not really an update, just something to think about.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Rollotommasi » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:03 pm

B-Chad wrote:To all those dismissing Jay Bruce already, you might want to keep tabs on him. He appears to be cutting down on his K's a bit and putting.

Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jwbseven » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:46 pm

Average down to .267... decent? sure. but I'll pose the question again like when I started the thread:

Why keep holding on to him instead of looking at somebody else that is producing? At this point what superhuman stats are we expecting from him to justify his spot on a fantasy team?

Is his "potential" still better than all of the stats sitting on the waiver?
jwbseven
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates