Greatest Rap group of all time? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Greatest Rap group of all time?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Greatest Rap group of all time?

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:49 pm

tuff_gong wrote:Even though good rap groups today are pretty much non-existent, if you are looking for one from this millenium, I would point you in the direction of Little Brother. They hail from North Carolina and are made up of three members, Phonte, Rapper Big Pooh, and 9th Wonder (producer). Their debut, The Listening, has a spot somewhere in my top 10 hip-hop albums of the 2000's. Best songs off the album, imo, are For You, Whatever You Say, and The Getup. If you are looking for a break from the T-Pain/Ne-Yo/whatever else is on the radio BS, I suggest you give this album a listen. Another cool thing about the album, it plays through like a radio station (similar to Snoop Dogg's debut Doggystyle, although the comparisons between the two stop there), so it makes for an entertaining listen.

One more tidbit about Little Brother. After the release of their second album The Minstrel Show in 2005, BET refused to play the single (Lovin' It) on their station, claiming Little Brother was too "conscious." It's pretty sad that BET uses that as a reason not to play their videos, considering the messages some of the other artists they play send with their music.

9th wonder is sick.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:30 pm

The album he produced for Murs was pretty damn impressive considering he used exclusively Fruity Loops to make the beats.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby markj11 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:15 am

NWA then Gheto Boyz
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:29 am

tuff_gong wrote:One more tidbit about Little Brother. After the release of their second album The Minstrel Show in 2005, BET refused to play the single (Lovin' It) on their station, claiming Little Brother was too "conscious." It's pretty sad that BET uses that as a reason not to play their videos, considering the messages some of the other artists they play send with their music.

DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk